Normal Exit From Kodi No Longer Works on My Fire TV Box

Mike4AU

Jan 16, 2016
I have had my box for about 6 months and everything has been working fine, except for two weeks ago. I can no longer exit Kodi by clicking on the power icon, then clicking on the exit icon. I can click those icons, but it just freezes on exit. I have not made any changes to the box, nor Kodi. My stick works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
I have had my box for about 6 months and everything has been working fine, except for two weeks ago. I can no longer exit Kodi by clicking on the power icon, then clicking on the exit icon. I can click those icons, but it just freezes on exit. I have not made any changes to the box, nor Kodi. My stick works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
What happens if you leave it alone, does it eventually close? Like maybe 10 min? What addons do you have installed?

Idok Fire

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
This will be something going on in the background. A debug log would clear it up.

Mike4AU

Jan 16, 2016
I have just the Fusion addons. I have been waiting for 3-4 minutes and nothing happens. I will wait 10 or more to see what happens.

Thanks

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
I have just the Fusion addons. I have been waiting for 3-4 minutes and nothing happens. I will wait 10 or more to see what happens.

Thanks
The are a lot if fusion addons. A couple of people has problems with one of the TV guide addons but I don't recall which one. Either way, forcing update would fix it I believe

Idok Fire

sirsleeper

Apr 9, 2016
I've had the same problem running Kodi on Windows 7 for about 2 weeks also... It freezes. I can leave it for hours and nothing happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jammer27

Aug 19, 2013
I have this problem aswell .I have done fresh start a few times the exit button works sometimes . It looks like a crashe problem.
When it does stick . I can put my Android TV into standby . When I switch it on next morning it's still on the exit screen.

Sent from my Lenovo B8080-F using Tapatalk

andorraski

Sep 1, 2015
Start by clearing all caches and purge packetes etc from maintanance tools and it will close normally

Dr Peter OBoogie

Jun 24, 2013
Perhaps the devs here could please look into creating a maintenance tool that when set automatically clears cache and purges packaged on shutdown or start up. That would be nice.........

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mike4AU

Jan 16, 2016
I cleared cache, purged packages, forced updates and rebooted. Now the box is back to normal and exit works fine.

Thanks, all!

wasp9166

Feb 16, 2016
this has been solved week ago, ustvnow guide was hanging on update , go into your list of addons via system , addons , and nav to where it shows what's enabled , there you can force the update and all will be fixed

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
For anyone with the shutdown issue.
goto system->addons ->available updates
and either force update or cancel the update for ustvnow guide.
maybe even the ustvnow plus addon
it will be stuck on download 0%
for some reason the update hangs (it gets updated though) and wont let it shutdown

daflyboys

Aug 27, 2013
thanks crzen. That worked great. It seems like pushing those updates together is what bogged it down. When I cancelled, it did eventually allow a manual update for both USTV and the Guide (on my PC)

Snyderbrad13

Sep 22, 2015
this has been solved week ago, ustvnow guide was hanging on update , go into your list of addons via system , addons , and nav to where it shows what's enabled , there you can force the update and all will be fixed
What if i just did a fresh start plus uninstalled and reinstalled kodi. Still hangs up.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk