Ok hopefully not a dumb question

bobsworld

Apr 21, 2015
Rocky Mount VA
Hello all,
I just updated a slightly dated laptop to W10 and all the drivers and such are good to go so no problems there, should not be.
Anyhow the weird problem I am having is whenever I go into Kodi system settings that is by the way modified of course with the best addons, the language changes from english to who knows what ??? some king of unreadable chinese I think and it does it slowly until finally everything is changed. Now knowing the layout I am able to get back to something that I can read and then eventually back to english and it will stay until I go back into settings/appearance and bang it changes all on its own, I know quit going there right!!. Any Ideas? I did do a quick search but found nothing and my other installations are not doing this that I know of at the time of this writing.

It seems that the language changes on its own no matter what I do, was testing by watching a stream and noticed that all the characters were different, not the streaming language but the kodi language.

This is the same install that was carried over from my W7

Last edited:

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Try deleting guisettings.xml out of the userdata folder, this will reset your skin settings. If the problem persists you can always restore the file out of your Recycle Bin.

bobsworld

Apr 21, 2015
Rocky Mount VA
I tried looking for that file and all that I find is rss feeds.xml. I am running 16.1 forgot to say. Accidentally deleted a response so sorry if any confusion. Looked all over my kodi inside of program files and do not find guisettings.xml. Wondering if a reinstall would help nothing to lose no special settings.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Looked all over my kodi inside of program files and do not find guisettings.xml.
The Kodi files are not located in Program Files, they are in your specific user AppData folder. You can access it like this -> Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata - press <Enter>

bobsworld

Apr 21, 2015
Rocky Mount VA
Ok found it and deleted it and restarted thought I should, it did it again. Earlier it was doing it without going into the settings. With nothing really to lose just uninstalled everything then reinstalled fresh redid fusion so far it is good. IDK maybe corruption from Windows install? It was working before. Let you know if it comes back.
Thanks everyone.