OpenElec 3.2 released

Hustler

Mar 24, 2013
Florida
So far so good. No issues to report. Is it just me or is anyone seeing a increase in speed through the menus. Fan art also seems faster

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
Ya I notice the fanart loading quicker for my local videos for sure. Menus seem snappy too.

The biggest difference I notice is within N*viX. Could be a coincidence since I don't use Navi often but tonight the menus are flying!!!! Basically instant load times for all the lists.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
Ya I notice the fanart loading quicker for my local videos for sure. Menus seem snappy too.

The biggest difference I notice is within N*viX. Could be a coincidence since I don't use Navi often but tonight the menus are flying!!!! Basically instant load times for all the lists.
I think its a coincidence as I haven't upgraded to 3.2 yet but Na*i-X was flying a little earlier on !

mark142

Sep 14, 2013
I have upgraded to openelec 3.2 on my 2 revos and now all the add ons no longer work :( Any ideas?

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
I have upgraded to openelec 3.2 on my 2 revos and now all the add ons no longer work :( Any ideas?
well if that happened to me id go back to where i was before i "upgraded" and then try to upgrade on just one of your revo's first

forgive my ignorance...but i have no experience of a revo

splatee

Aug 28, 2013
I upgraded last night. Seems to be a little more snappier but have not really checked everything yet. I am new to the Raspberry PI and Openelec. I do have a script failure when it first starts up " Service.py" failed to start. Not sure what that means, like I said I just got my PI.

Thank you

MarkRich

Banned
May 13, 2012
Definitely seems quicker. Copying metadata to a fresh 3.2 install right now, installed a ton of addons, etc etc. Setup tuxens libtmp fix, so forth. Will be releasing a medium and high overclock version tomorrow. Heading to a wedding now so it won't get finished before I leave. And for those requesting, I will be making a 4GB image tomorrow as well. Hold the applause :)

Dunkle

Jun 5, 2013
I upgraded last night. Seems to be a little more snappier but have not really checked everything yet. I am new to the Raspberry PI and Openelec. I do have a script failure when it first starts up " Service.py" failed to start. Not sure what that means, like I said I just got my PI.

Thank you
Ah, thought it was just me. I too get the same failure

Hustler

Mar 24, 2013
Florida
Anyone know why continue to get Service.py failure please ?
Yeah, MarcRich is supposed to load up a few new images tonight. He has the Dev tool disabled in these. If you like to update this way you can get it going tonight or just grab one of his 3.1.7 images and it will auto update.

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
There is a sticky at the top of this forum that I beleive explains it...

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/raspberry-pi-discussion/10279-openelec-dev-update-tool-=-service-py-error.html

Like I said earlier, I am new to the PI and I am learning as I go so I am no expert.

Thank you
Exactly they seem to interfere with eachother if you have dev update tool installed, and also subscriptions in 1Ch**nel. As per default 1chanell looses the "battle" so if you want to use subscriptions in 1Ch**nels deactivate dev update tool. Want to use the tool disable 1Ch**nel subscriptions.

Last edited:

Dunkle

Jun 5, 2013
Cheers
I do use subscriptions in 1 channel, so I take it I have to disable the dev tool (how ?) and then update manually ?