OpenElec - Sound problems

MarkESmith

Jul 4, 2013
Hi all,

I've had a bit of a problem for a while now and have been trying to solve it but have got nowhere so I wondered if anyone here had any advice? Any help would be really appreciated.

Basically, whenever I play a video the sound dies on me (starts breaking up and sounding really distorted) after exactly 1 hour and 10 minutes. This happens regardless of if I am streaming from the Internet or playing a video from a local plugged in USB harddrive - if I play a video that is longer than 1hour 10mins, the sound breaks up. I have to stop it and start it again, and it will then work for exactly the same again and I have to keep stopping and starting it after every 1hour period. The video is ok after that time period, it is just the sound.

I'm running OpenElec 4.2.1 still on a Raspberry Pi. I haven't set any advancedsettings.xml or anything - could that help perhaps? I've tried to search about it but as far as I can see I can't seem to find anything. It is probably something totally obvious - so sorry if so (but I'd be happy if it is easy to fix!).

Any help/advice would be great.

Ta.

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
That's an odd one. Often the root cause of RPi problems is related to the power supply but it's normally a bit more random than that. You need a good quality power supply that's giving out at least 1amp (preferably more) at 5v

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
I've never heard of this issue but yes make sure you're using a good power supply as mentioned above.

Also, try updating OE. I think the latest version is 5.0.6.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Raspberry Pi 16
S Apple TV 1 3
S Raspberry Pi 2