Opinions on the Mele F10?

Cablekiller

Sep 18, 2012
Middle of Nowhere
I am considering buying a Mele F10 but I am worried by the vague pictures and descriptions I am finding about which buttons do what on the front (navigation side?).

This is the remote I currently use http://www.amazon.com/Ortek-Windows-Infrared-Receiver-Ultimate/dp/B00224ZDFY and I love it but I want a remote with a keyboard.

So my questions:

1. Is the Mele comfortable and easy to use, meaning would I be able to use everything other than the keyboard with one hand without looking at the remote?

2. Are all the important buttons on the navigation side (to me these are up,down,side to side, play, stop ,FF, Rew, Pause, Back, Menu).

3. If the buttons aren't set up the way I like is the Mele easy to change/configure?

Thanks in advance for any answers anyone can give.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
i no longer use it as my primary remote aws I ended up purchasing a HARMONY ULTIMATE and FLIRC combo. I ONLY DID THIS as I have an XBOX ONE and desperately needed ONE REMOTE for everything. Had this not happened I would have continued with MELE F10 PRO as m primary remote option.

Cablekiller

Sep 18, 2012
Middle of Nowhere
Well so far I don't love it.

No Stop, Menu, FF, or Rew out of the box.

Back activates the air mouse every time I use it.

Enter and left click need their locations swapped.

Home just moves you to the top of whatever menu you have open (technically that's all the home button on a keyboard does I guess).

While the air mouse feature is ok I really only wanted up-down-left-right for navigating XBMC, I thought I'd be able to deactivate the air mouse indefinitely until I wanted to use it.

I have to drop off the MK809III it was bundled with to a friends house this weekend, luckily he has a remote and wireless keyboard already he can use.

I'll give remapping a go, I have tried in the past with other remotes with some success.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
I'm fairly sure you can disable the air-mouse by unticking "Use joystick or gamepad" or whatever the option says in XBMC. I certainly don't use the air-mouse, however I'm using a Windows setup.

PS - If you are using Windows I would recommend using AutoHotKey to set up the mapping.

Last edited:

Sebski

Jan 8, 2013
I had it and it wasn't good for me.

i couldn't program many bottoms on the remote side,

I went for the xbox one remote and a flirc and its works great, i have a harmony touch for my sound and tv not for xbmc to much lag sadly.