Optical - working well?

G77

Jul 1, 2013
Hey guys.... Thinking of picking up one of these bad boys to replace my Boxee Box and Ouya.... I really wanted to like the Ouya but the thing holding it back for me was the lack of optical out. My surround system is a few years old and only has optical, so it was a big reason for me not using the Ouya as much as I thought I would.

So, is it working well on the Fire? I saw comments on the xbmc forum saying it works, but would like confirmation here before I take the plunge.

The lack of remote on Ouya was also an issue, I tried a couple of cheap PC remotes but never found one I liked or worked well enough. Though had it had optical out, I probably would have spent a few more bucks and got a mele or something. So the inclusion of a decent remote with the Fire is also an attraction.....

G77

Jul 1, 2013
Hey guys.... Thinking of picking up one of these bad boys to replace my Boxee Box and Ouya.... I really wanted to like the Ouya but the thing holding it back for me was the lack of optical out. My surround system is a few years old and only has optical, so it was a big reason for me not using the Ouya as much as I thought I would.

So, is it working well on the Fire? I saw comments on the xbmc forum saying it works, but would like confirmation here before I take the plunge.

The lack of remote on Ouya was also an issue, I tried a couple of cheap PC remotes but never found one I liked or worked well enough. Though had it had optical out, I probably would have spent a few more bucks and got a mele or something. So the inclusion of a decent remote with the Fire is also an attraction.....
To answer my own question.... Picked one up today and optical works fine.