Orange Pi

Vinnydude

Developer
Jan 11, 2013
UK
Just took a punt on an Orange Pi.

It packs a quad core running at 1.6mhz, a fair chunk faster than the raspberry pi2.

I'll let you know when it arrives and how I get on!

sirhc

Oct 26, 2015
stuck in bed
nice one vinnydude

Might be poss to get pms running on it as well as kodi (better than pi2) since the processor is faster. (but will prob still struggle with gpu related stuff.

My setup (rpi 2+) is pms for my music collection since its not really up to transcoding video and for running kodi for watching on the attached tv set and I have an old pc running headless for a full blown pms server for movies and tv and my over all aim is one box doing both but since kodi has no server / client options then i need to use seperates unless this new orange pi is up to the task

keep us in the loop please vinny

Rickt1962

Oct 30, 2013
Just took a punt on an Orange Pi.

It packs a quad core running at 1.6mhz, a fair chunk faster than the raspberry pi2.

I'll let you know when it arrives and how I get on!
Hope it works out ! For $ 15 bucks :) So tired of the Raspberry $ 35.00 deal when you see so many Android boxes including Amazon stick running quad core that includes a case,remote, 8gigs ram and power supply for the same price ! Raspberry is NO DEAL !

Jaspreet.singh2201

Sep 24, 2015
Android boxes have more little problems than features unless you get from a good brand like Wetek. New rpi is only 5 dollars and a few more for hub and WiFi card

Jaspreet.singh2201

Sep 24, 2015
Any update ?
In thier forums they have unofficial Openelec builds with 4k playing and looked considerably faster than Rpi.
They also have a Android build which can play games like NFS and asphalt smoothly. But the forums are really confusing and there will be a lot of trial and error if you wanna go that way

ute

Dec 16, 2012
would like to see OE on it ( do you have a link to that build ? )

I see they do have android up with Kodi as an app ..but who needs the bloat of Android