Ouya doesn't work after today's XBMC update!

SPDY11

Aug 4, 2013
Ouya took an XBMC update today (4/15/2014) and now my Ouya doesn't work! The video, although fully buffered, was choppy and the sound was slow and not matching the screen. I tried with several: 1Ch**nel, Movies25, ********. All with the same results. I tried to fresh start and reinstall everything but the Install Wizard doesn't work now.

Anyone having the same problems?

Last edited by a moderator:

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
1) if you see the forum is NOT ALLOWING text.

DO NOT MERELY WORK TO FIND A WAY TO PLACE IT ON THE FORUM ANYWAY.

The next offense will be met with a 3 day suspension from this forum. I have RE-EDITED to the text

2) when you say the XBMC update BROKE THE OUYA. Do you mean XBMC stopped working on the OUYA or the OUYA actually wont work (meaning outside of XBMC)

3) Ypu don't want to version of XBMC in the discover store. You want to side load builds directly from XBMC.org or utilize SPMC. You can install any of the latest BETAS or nightlies from XBMC.org/download

xiaNaix

Apr 16, 2014
There are a few people on the OUYA forums reporting issues with some streaming plugins after the update as well. :(

You might want to try sideloading SPMC 12.4.2 (Frodo 12.3 with DTS and AC3 Passthrough) instead of the OUYA store version.

http://filez.semperpax.com/5r4ln85l)

Last edited:

JustFun

Feb 21, 2013
Ouya firmware was updated today to go with the store version of xbmc, to correct the audio issues.
Another nice update is making it easier to connect your ps3 remote to the ouya.

dirty

Oct 5, 2012
After the update my sound was in slow motion but changing the audio setting to 2.0 fixed it. I use the store version of xbmc and was not looking forward to setting up a new side loaded version.

heavyd69

Oct 25, 2013
After the update my sound was in slow motion but changing the audio setting to 2.0 fixed it. I use the store version of xbmc and was not looking forward to setting up a new side loaded version.
Thanks for the advice. I had the same problem after updating and changing the audio settings fixed it.

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
Works absolutely fine here with Gotham beta 4. The speaker setting for passthrough is supposed to be set at 2.0 you will still get multi channel DTS and Dolby 5.1.

For those who didn't know after Chupacabra update, Gotham beta 4 supports passthrough on Ouya too!
And it does not have the oddity mentioned above. It runs much better than any Frodo/spmc build, well it would be weird if it didn't. Gotham is the first real XBMC build for Ouya/android by team-XBMC and it lives up to that.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Audio_settings

Last edited:

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
To avoid this problem completely set: system->system->audio output->output configuration to best match instead of optimized.

tahyti

Feb 12, 2014
To avoid this problem completely set: system->system->audio output->output configuration to best match instead of optimized.
I'm using the Ouya on my TV via HDMI, my tv is connected to my amp which has 2 speakers...
I've had huge problem to have anything to work since the last firmware update...because of sound issues. So im trying this now.
This seams to kind of work, but i have a fealing that the sound is now weird, as if I'd only get the basses.
What setting do you have in full screen video's audio option?
Did you enabled stereo upmix and passthrough? anywhere?
Side question, would you recommand your (Tuxen's) XML setting for an Ouya user?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Computers 3
K Fusion Installer 16
S Kodi Support 5