Ouya isues when watching anything over 1 hour

chrisnewton

Jan 14, 2014
Hi all

I have been reading that there is quite a few issues when watching movies etc that last more than an hour on the OUYA?

Has this been ironed out??

Flapster

Nov 13, 2013
The Black Country, UK
This happened with the initial launch of XBMC on OUYA. The issues have now, with the most recent updates (well, for me anyway) gone away. One of the good things about the OUYA is that if one build does not work for you another may. Personally I just go for the store version as "lite" as possible, with a confluence skin and manually installed repos. I also dont put any games on it and it works like a champ. If you do use the store version nowadays though there are issues with 1080p sound because of licencing issues, but for me thats not an issue. If it was I could just use the Gotham nightly or SPMC, which which has the sound sorted.

Its got its faults and is by no means perfect, but so have all the other android boxes. The main thing with OUYA is that they back XBMC.org, so when Gotham is finally officially launched there should be an "official" OUYA version.

If you're thinking of buying one, I would recommend you do it. I have no regrets !

sheepybach

Jun 23, 2013
Brynna, Wales
How hit and miss are Ouya's on xbmc? I've read this thread and others about problems peeps with sound/playback et al. I picked 1 up 2 days ago and plugged it in and download the latest Gotham Nightly and everything works great. Crazy lol

sheepybach

Jun 23, 2013
Brynna, Wales
OK start your OUYA up and go into Discover, click on APP and then look for FilePwn, download and install that (needed later). Come out of there and go to Make and launch the default browser, click the top of the browser and clear the field there and type in xbmc development then enter scroll down to the 2nd option and press enter, this page will come up
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Development_builds
then scroll down until you see this Nightly builds for Android (ARM, most users). Click on that and a page will pop up with a lot of Gotham builds on them, click to install whichever 1 you want ( a popup will say download started or something like that) then wait for 2 mins or so then come all of the way out to your home page, from there click make and there you will find FilePwn, click on it and go to downloads and XBMC Gotham will be there click on it to install and follow on screen instructions when it tells you its installed back out to the MAKE Home Page and XBMC will be there, click on it and away you go lol.
Let us know how you get on please.
iechyd da

Kizzer31

Sep 3, 2013
Is the latest builds not compat with add-ons such as mashup thou? Gotham latest builds im referring too

chrisnewton

Jan 14, 2014
OK start your OUYA up and go into Discover, click on APP and then look for FilePwn, download and install that (needed later). Come out of there and go to Make and launch the default browser, click the top of the browser and clear the field there and type in xbmc development then enter scroll down to the 2nd option and press enter, this page will come up
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Development_builds
then scroll down until you see this Nightly builds for Android (ARM, most users). Click on that and a page will pop up with a lot of Gotham builds on them, click to install whichever 1 you want ( a popup will say download started or something like that) then wait for 2 mins or so then come all of the way out to your home page, from there click make and there you will find FilePwn, click on it and go to downloads and XBMC Gotham will be there click on it to install and follow on screen instructions when it tells you its installed back out to the MAKE Home Page and XBMC will be there, click on it and away you go lol.
Let us know how you get on please.
iechyd da
thanks as soon as i get my ouya ill do this!

sheepybach

Jun 23, 2013
Brynna, Wales
Well lets put it this way, I put fusion onto it and every addon from there that I use on my tabs which I up date every day now also I've put on my ouya and they all work, no and then a funny may pop up but not as often as before on earlier gotham nightlies. So I have on both ouya and tabs. Mashup some work but a lot don't and as he's busy I've not made an effort to chat to him. addon's nope they don't work at all and return as incompatible so I don't don't bother and when I asked I was fobbed off with you must use Frodo 12.3 et al and hence I don't go there much these days.
I also find it odd that an addon from here works but the same 1 from don't and when I asked about this I was toldI ddidn't know what I was talking about, nice or what pmsl. There is more than enough

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Computers 3
K Fusion Installer 16
S Kodi Support 5