OUYA System Update "Chupacabra" - Version 1.2.995

JustFun

Feb 21, 2013
-Audio passthrough is now supported in XBMC! Once you have the newest OUYA update, make sure you download the latest copy of XBMC on DISCOVER and you'll have audio passthrough support for AC3, DTS, and AAC.

-Redesigned the Details page to provide a cleaner new look and feel.
--Now text is easier to read and screenshots are easier to navigate.
--Reduced screen clutter to make navigation more clear.
--No more stuff scrolling off the screen and looking like an overscan issue.
--Details Page is now more versatile to support various types of pages like the Developer page discussed below.

-Reorganized PLAY to make it easier to find games.
--The top row will function as PLAY previously did.
--We’ve removed the Thumbs Up system (too much overlap with ratings) and added a new “Favorite” system. Games you Favorite from the Details page will show up in the second row of PLAY.
--Added a category for Purchased games, so you can more easily find games you’ve purchased (installed or not).
--Added a category for Recent Downloads which will show currently downloading games plus the 10 most recent finished downloads.
--Added an A-Z category so you can find games alphabetically.

-Added Developer-specific Details pages (and support for other generic Details pages).
--Now you can learn more about the folks who make the great games you love. Get to know your favorite devs!
--These pages also allow an easy way to access all the games from a specific developer.
--As Developers fill out their profiles, you'll start to see these pages appear on the console.

-Genre sections are now updated to have multiple rows.
--Instead of the previous “bucket”, Genres now have rows like the main page of DISCOVER, allowing the display of Featured games, New Releases, etc.

-Added a simple “download manager”.
--Games that are currently downloading will appear in the Recent Downloads section of PLAY (in addition to the places they previously appeared).
--By pressing U on a game in the download queue, you can move games to the front of the queue to set the order in which you want your games to download. It will pause any current downloads and resume them from where they left off when the prioritized games are finished.

-Game developers can now choose if they want their games to be Free to Try or have a price up front.

-Made pairing of Bluetooth media remotes easier.
--Using the PS3 Media Remote as an example:
---Navigate to the Android Settings located in Manage > Controllers > Pairing > Bluetooth Settings (Alternately, you can reach this by navigating to Manage > System > Advanced > Bluetooth)
---Activate “Search For Device” to begin looking for pairing requests
---On the Media Remote, press and hold START+ENTER buttons until the PS3 button begins flashing
---When the device appears in the Available Devices list, select the BD Remote Control from the Available Devices list
---The BD Remote Control should now appear in the Paired Devices list as connected.

-Added an option to keep controllers turned on (no timed auto-shutoff) in select Media programs (like XBMC). This can be found in MANAGE -> CONTROLLER -> SETTINGS. This new option will be enabled by default.

-Improvements to the new user flow
--Gamers no longer need to confirm their password as a new user
--Added a date of birth field and optional gender field for new user signup

-We’ve made it more clear that if you are a user that would like to use PayPal, you can always purchase vouchers from OUYA.tv - pay there with PayPal, enter the code under MANAGE -> ACCOUNT -> PAYMENTS, and you are good to go!

Copy and paste from ouyaforum

JustFun

Feb 21, 2013
So far I find this update for the ouya is great, things are running smooth. I had to root it again after update( root to take advantage of reboot and shutdown in spmc version of Xbmc). I also had to select spmc in autopilot and it's working good after rebooting a few times.

The main thing I like with this update is being able to use the ps3 remote all the time without the need of the game controller in both Xbmc and in ouya menu. The pairing of the ps3 remote is a lot better, after rebooting a few times the ps3 remote connects again with the ouya on its own.

I don't use the store version of Xbmc but this update fixes some of the audio issues that were in previous versions.

Now to find a config file to add more working buttons on the ps3 remote while in Xbmc (being able to use the play , pause and ect. )

nickld

Oct 1, 2012
The great Inland Northwest
Booted up my ouya today. After exiting the auto-launched SPMC the update took over which was okay with me but I thought the Ouya was supposed to ask me first since the last upgrade. Anyway I was able to install wiimote controller.apk and pair my wii remote finally. Now I just need to mess around with the keymapping to get it working to my satisfaction (I hope). Looking foreward to, hopefully, using the wiimote for XBMC navigation.

I don't know if anyone else has tried pairing the wiimote with Ouya on this forum before but I did a while back and gave up eventually. As I said, I want to remap it but it does work in XBMC somewhat when held as a standard game controller (horizontally). I want to be able to use it vertically, like a simple remote such as the Amazon fire remote. I just started all this minutes ago so I hope I have more positive results to report soon!

Cheers!

JustFun

Feb 21, 2013
I never even thought of a wiki remote.
Being able to use the wii remote vertically would be great. Here's to hoping you are able to get it working vertically.

nickld

Oct 1, 2012
The great Inland Northwest
I never even thought of a wiki remote.
Being able to use the wii remote vertically would be great. Here's to hoping you are able to get it working vertically.
There will be some wrinkles to work out I'm sure. Right now I'm installing the latest Gotham build to test as well. Will get back to the wii remote soon. I was just happy to see some promising functionality so far. As usual I'm trying to do three of four things at once so it slows everything down. Rebuilding my Buffalo Linkstation NAS, moving all my video and audio files back to the Linkstation, tinkering with the Amazon Fire TV, and working on the Ouya is a full plate! :p

VanZan

May 6, 2012
Lads just did my first update with a rooted Ouya. Some questions please:

1. When in CWM for "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?" I clicked "No". Did I chose wrongly and need to re-install CWM?
2. When I click into "Google Play Store" I get a "No connection" message. Do I need to re-install this as well please?

Everything else seems to be fine...I hope!

Last edited:

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
The word is yes ;)
If you could provide a link or some instructions on how to pair PS3 controllers with the new upgraded firmware it'd be appreciated!!
I've read how to do it a while ago but if its simpler now, I'd love to hear about it.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
If you could provide a link or some instructions on how to pair PS3 controllers with the new upgraded firmware it'd be appreciated!!
I've read how to do it a while ago but if its simpler now, I'd love to hear about it.
You'll have to search like everyone else ;)

I have moved on to the fire TV for now.

JustFun

Feb 21, 2013
It is right in first post on how to lol
But yes I have been using my ps3 remote since the update without any issues.

-Made pairing of Bluetooth media remotes easier.
--Using the PS3 Media Remote as an example:
---Navigate to the Android Settings located in Manage > Controllers > Pairing > Bluetooth Settings (Alternately, you can reach this by navigating to Manage > System > Advanced > Bluetooth)
---Activate “Search For Device” to begin looking for pairing requests
---On the Media Remote, press and hold START+ENTER buttons until the PS3 button begins flashing
---When the device appears in the Available Devices list, select the BD Remote Control from the Available Devices list
---The BD Remote Control should now appear in the Paired Devices list as connected.

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
No worries guys. I read something about plugging in the PS3 controller to initially sync it. I'll have to find the instructions again.
I was hoping now I could sync it by just pairing the OUYA to the controller through the new pairing menu.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
No worries guys. I read something about plugging in the PS3 controller to initially sync it. I'll have to find the instructions again.
I was hoping now I could sync it by just pairing the OUYA to the controller through the new pairing menu.
Plug it into the ouya. Place the controller in pairing mode. Reboot the ouya while in pairing mode. Done :)

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Computers 3
J OUYA 2
G OUYA 0