Ouya vs ATV2 for xbmc

twd

May 7, 2012
Which is the better? I'm not really impressed by the speed/stability of ATV2 running xbmc.

Also the ATV2 is unable to display 720 streams from starstreams (it all looks like slo mo).

Flipmode

May 6, 2012
Speed of OUYA is very fast compared to ATV2
Picture Quality I find better with the OUYA

WiFi is better with ATV 2
I like the ATV2 remote better than the big OUYA game controller

nothere

Banned
Nov 25, 2012
In its day the ATV2 was "The Device" to have to run XBMC (and are now way too expensive to buy second hand). Things have come a long way since then with many many different devices being available, which can handle streams (especially HD) better than the ATV2.
OUYA, Raspberry Pi are both options and will both play full 1080p HD with no problems whatsoever.

twd

May 7, 2012
Thanks. That's clarifying.

My ATV2 is great for streaming from my computer and watching Netflix, but Star Streams only works if I run SD streams. Which is strange, because the HD streams are not even close to being real HD imo. It used to be so much better.

bigter

May 10, 2012
Canada
I have found for the price not much can beat the Ouya. The new fire tv is looking well to..choices I guess

twd

May 7, 2012
Another question: Did they sort out the initial wifi problems or are people still having issue with speed and staying connected?

fila13us

Nov 10, 2012
Another question: Did they sort out the initial wifi problems or are people still having issue with speed and staying connected?
I haven't had a wifi problem, but then again, my ouya is like 5 feet away from my router, modem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Computers 3
K Fusion Installer 16
M OUYA 21