Pamboozled

Pamboozled

Nov 4, 2019
Hi

I am old and do not understand Kodi technical language. I am almost deaf and rely on subtitles which have stopped working. I run Kodi 17.6 Krypton, when I try to obtain subtitles via Open Subtitles "Error searing for subtitles" is displayed, I have not been able to watch anything for over a week.

Please explain any fixes without using technical terms

Thanks guys

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It is very possible you cant get subtitles anymore because you're running an older version of kodi. You should update to Leah 18.6 and see if this works better for you.

Pamboozled

Nov 4, 2019
Thanks for reply, Ray Rob, however, I do know what Leah is. I will take my box to a computer lady to see if she can fix the problem. The problem with these forums is I do not have a clue what is being discussed due to the technical language.

Thanks again and stay safe

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
No problems. At so e point we all were where you are now.
Leah 18.6 is the newest stable version of kodi that exists at this time. Is is only a matter of downloading g it and I stalling g it on your box. It will install over your Krypton 17.6. Most (maybe all) addons will work seamlessly on the newer version.

Pamboozled

Nov 4, 2019
Thanks again, RavRob I will try what you have described, however, with apprehension of doing something wrong and losing Kodi altogether. I would be much happier having an expert do the download but from where?

Take care
Cheers

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You can download Kodi from the official site.
kodi.tv/download
Select the Android version. I would think you have the 32 Bit version. Download that on your computer, put it on a USB stick, place the stick in a USB port in your box and install from there. It is not complicated and you will be learning how to do this yourself for the future.
If you run in a problem, we're only a post away.