Request Parental control add on.

obsidianwings

Jan 11, 2016
I know one of these already exists, but this simply blocks whole add ons. I would love to see something that could work in conjunction with add ons to just block the adult content, so you could set it for whatever rating you want, PG and under for example. I'm not sure if this would even be possible but I am putting it out there anyway.

I've been through a lot of kids apps, but none can really compete with the amount and quality of kids content found on something like genesis or SA*TS. Right now I go on and add stuff to their library and they are only allowed to view from there, but to be able to let them go nuts on genesis/SA*TS and allow them to see more grown up stuff as they get older would be amazing.

strike0408

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
there's a parental control addon that you can install through the addon installer. if you open the installer you can find it under program addons.
ck that out... might be what your lookin for.

obsidianwings

Jan 11, 2016
I think that is the one I was looking at that only blocks whole addons but I will check it out just in case, thanks.

obsidianwings

Jan 11, 2016
Took a look, there is actually two in the add on installer. The one called universal parental controls can block things by ratings so that is actually exactly what I was looking for, thanks.
When I have the time soon I will test it out and see how well it works with the addons I have.

strike0408

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
Took a look, there is actually two in the add on installer. The one called universal parental controls can block things by ratings so that is actually exactly what I was looking for, thanks.
When I have the time soon I will test it out and see how well it works with the addons I have.
yes, that is the one I was talking about... glad you found what you were looking for.

Rachel1786

Apr 8, 2016
Hey guys, I'm sorry for bringing up a slightly older thread however I just installed the universal parental controls addon today and I'm wondering if there is anyway to temporarily turn off the lock, either for a select time period, or until I turn the box back on? It's a bit of a pain to enter the code before every episode(really, I could deal with it, but I want to cancel my directv and hubby will have an issue with entering the code constantly lol).
Thanks!

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Why don't you set up individual password-protected Profiles for each member of your family? That way you can make sure everyone can access whatever they want in they way they want?

I say this because the last time this subject was brought up it was said that this add-on wasn't functioning the way it should. If that's been fixed in the meantime then great.

Rachel1786

Apr 8, 2016
Thanks, I didn't realize that was an option, I'm fairly new to kodi and still learning the ins and outs of it lol, I'll play around with that this afternoon, I just ordered a second streaming box for our upstairs tv which is primarily just for my son so I'll have to figure out the best way to block content rated pg-13 and higher, while still allowing him to have access to apps that have movies.

Rachel1786

Apr 8, 2016
Hate to bring this back up but does anyone have and idea how to fix the issue of the universal parental control blocking Y-7 rated shows when it's set to block PG-13 and above....my son is 8 and enjoys using Ex**us but every time a show is rated y7 it asks for the code. So frustrating lol. At this point I just said screw it, he can just find a G or PG rated show to watch because I'm so tired of messing around trying to figure it out