Path to WdCloud

os-warped

Nov 21, 2015
I have a WDcloud setup, I have set up and kodi finds the drive but When I try to dnld the path is incorrect. I see wdcloud as the device but the path should be wdcloud\tv or wdcloud\movies or wdcloud\pictures ect. I can not find where to alter or enter the path from just wdcloud?
Where do I input the correct path? Can someone point me in the right direction please?

os-warped

Nov 21, 2015
I have done allot of searching this forum, kodi wiki, Kodii forums, and I get many results but none that address my issue. I can place .mpv4 files on the cloud with my laptop and find the files / play from Kodi. I place .jpg on the cloud with my laptop and they are found in kodi but I CAN' view them, I just get a black screen. I can NOT dnld to the WDcloud from Kod?. I have tried pushing to all directories found within Kodi. When I try to dnld everything looks good, Ex**us shows it downloading it will show that it is done but when I look for it either on Ex**us or the wdcloud it is NOT there? This happens no matter in Ex**us or Velo**ty.

I understand being sent to look for the answer but I have exhausted my sources and find nothing. I don't expect my hand to be held but it would be nice to at the very least to be pointed to a direction. I am new compared to many here but I have been working with computers since the days of
a trs80. In this case I just need a bit of direction.

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
I don't have a wdcloud so I can't really help here.
I haven't used any addon for downloading, there's better ways to do that. So I'm no use there either, I'm not even sure if Ex**us can DL to a remote path. It would be worth asking on one of the Ex**us threads.
What does WD use to share files? Nfs, smb, or upnp?
Not displaying pics etc could have something to do with this.

Last edited:

CaBooSe666

Jan 17, 2013
Montreal Qc Canada
I believe you have to set up a public (ur network)share of the folder and possible set up a login and password ..... i set mine up long time ago so don't fully remember ...... u login to ur wdcloud thru mozilla or ie and set it up .... hope that helps ...

os-warped

Nov 21, 2015
I don't have a wdcloud so I can't really help here.
I haven't used any addon for downloading, there's better ways to do that. So I'm no use there either, I'm not even sure if Ex**us can DL to a remote path. It would be worth asking on one of the Ex**us threads.
What does WD use to share files? Nfs, smb, or upnp?
Not displaying pics etc could have something to do with this.
I have connected by way of Upnp. Ex**us is not the only addon that offers dnld but so far no matter which addon I try dnlding looks to be working but after it shows completion it is NOT there. I will hammer through on it.

os-warped

Nov 21, 2015
I believe you have to set up a public (ur network)share of the folder and possible set up a login and password ..... i set mine up long time ago so don't fully remember ...... u login to ur wdcloud thru mozilla or ie and set it up .... hope that helps ...

Yes I have it set up for a public share. There is no need for a login or password. I can view and play movies that I place on the wdcloud from my laptop. I just can not push from Kodi to the Wdcloud.

Blazetamer

Mar 3, 2013
The Yellow Brick Road
What device are you using Kodi on ?

A PC ? Yes it will work , But may need a virtual path
A FTV? Not gonna Happen
A Shield? MAYBE with some work arounds , but doubtful
Any other "box"? Probably wont happen there either

Yes I have a WD Cloud

os-warped

Nov 21, 2015
What device are you using Kodi on ?

A PC ? Yes it will work , But may need a virtual path
A FTV? Not gonna Happen
A Shield? MAYBE with some work arounds , but doubtful
Any other "box"? Probably wont happen there either

Yes I have a WD Cloud
I have Kodi installed on the Shield. What are the work a rounds? I am thinking if there is a way to actually enter a path to cloud after I choose upnp device (wdcloud) When choosing download to / settings to enable the path shown is upnp://55076fe-6b79-4d65-(etc) much to long to enter it all.
So if all the devices you say will or may work to dnld to am I correct in assuming the dnld feature is for storage on the shield device (internal storage, sdmmc) only?

os-warped

Nov 21, 2015
Solution for me is, enable in system - settings - services - UPnP/DNLA - enable share libaries , anounce libary updates look for remote UPnP players. I use Confluence Helix.
enable Upnp on router. In my case from Ex**us / tools / dnld / tv / enable dnlds / choose windows network (SMB) / workgroup / mycloud / from this point choose where to push to.
My setup Nvida Shield wired to netgear nighthawk router (dd-wrt firmware) wdcloud wired to netgear nighthawk router.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Kodi Support 0
Y Kodi Support 1
N Amazon Fire TV 0