Bug Pink screen and background on Gotham - Remote doesn't work in OS 3.x

sdruid

Dec 20, 2013
hi,

I've encountered a strange combination of problems. I picked up an Apple TV 1 running OS 1.x with a very basic menu and a working remote.
I did an offline upgrade to OS 3.x and the remote stopped working. So I said ok and proceeded to install xbmc Gotham.
All went fine except that I end up with this bright pink screen on startup and it remains there as the background color but the remote now works again..
I pop out the harddrive and install it in another Apple TV 1 box and all is fine. I even downgraded the OS to 3.x and no
problems there...the remote works just fine...so there is an issue with the motherboard of the original Apple TV 1....
Is there a fix for the pink screen ? I searched this forum already and couldn't find anything on a "Pink screen"...
Any ideas about the remote not working in OS 3.x ?

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
I have a ATV 1 and on the start up i get a pink screen for a short while then xbmc launches but it as from time to time stuck on the pink screen to remedy it just pull the power lead out and replace works every time

ikeymo

Oct 8, 2015
I also am having this pink screen problem but it has progressed or should I say regressed to not moving past the second screen. The animated G sign is not showing therefore it is not moving on to gotham. At one point I had made it to the settings page but no longer, also the screen is shifting to the right. I have tried re-installing it by the toothpick method and downloading from an sd card but it aborts the process so just unplugging anything is not working. The message I am getting is :- g-box assert failed !less-than-int(1379947378) get prop ("ro.build.date.utc")). This means absolutely nothing to me and I don't know what else to try. Can anyone help?