Pipo x7 windows 8.1 box $99

lshizzle

Dec 30, 2013
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/PIPO-X7-Windows-8-1-Smart-Mini-PC-TV-Box-Media-Player-2G-RAM-32G-ROM-Intel-3736F-1-8GHz-Quad-Core---Silver-339668.html?utm_source=Freaktab_Notice&utm_medium=Click&utm_campaign=PIPO_X7

Found this today... Anyone have any input on it? Was going to get an android box thats a little more beefy then my ouya. Just trying to find something a little more snappy. When im at work and use kodi on the PC i notice big time how slow the ouya is. it has to be faster then the ouya lol.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
@lshizzle
Sounds really good to me. I had a mini PC before. Only difference is I had a 90 Gig SSD in it and 4 Gig ram. It was fast. It would boot up in less than 45 Sec from on to XBMC. It fried during a power failure. I might just get this also as my main streaming device.

I find a 32 Gig Flash Mem is a bit small though but should still be adequate.

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
I've been looking for one of these in the UK for a friend but can't find one.

A bit more expensive but this mini PC looks a goer:-

Code:
http://www.futeko.com/products/HT02.php
DETAILED SPECIFICATION
Chipset Model Intel Z3735F
Max Resolution 1080p
Chipset Family Bay Trail
Cores 4
Chipset Ghz 1.83
GPU Intel HD Graphics
OS Version Windows 8.1 / Android KitKat
RAM (GB) 2
Flash Memory (GB) 32
USB Host 3
USB Version 2
SD 1
SD Card Type SD
Bluetooth Yes. 4.0
Wired Network 10/100
Wireless Network Wi-Fi(n)
HDMI 1
Composite Video 1
HDMI Version 1.4b
Audio/Video Other VGA, microphone
Stereo L/R Audio 1
S/PDIF TOSLink 1
3D SBS Yes
3D Top Bottom Yes
3D Frame Packing No
3D Frame Sequential No
Blu-Ray 3D No
DVD ISO Yes (in XBMC)
Blu-Ray ISO Yes (in XBMC)
Dolby Digital Downmix Yes
Dolby Digital Passthrough Yes
DTS Downmix Yes
DTS Passthrough Yes
DTS-HD MA Downmix Yes
1080p XBMC Yes
Fan No

My Windows tablets have similar hardware inside and I'd say 32 GB storage is the minimum you need to be looking for with this type of hardware, I'm surprised just how well my little 7" tablet runs Windows and XBMC with 1 GB of RAM (could be a desktop when connected to the tv) but the 2 GB's RAM I have on my 10.1" really make things fly (don't expect to run Photoshop or transcode video on this type of hardware) and the boot times with the emmc memory is around 15 seconds

lshizzle

Dec 30, 2013
I just want something that i can use nicer skins in KODI, the ouya only has 1gb ram so it runs out pretty quick. Also iv had better luck with USB remotes with PC then androids. The mele f10 pro is ok on android but works perfectly on PC. Think im going to pull the trigger and order this in a couple days.

kdnoel

Sep 4, 2013
North Carolina
I just want something that i can use nicer skins in KODI, the ouya only has 1gb ram so it runs out pretty quick. Also iv had better luck with USB remotes with PC then androids. The mele f10 pro is ok on android but works perfectly on PC. Think im going to pull the trigger and order this in a couple days.
I'm waiting to order the HP Stream Mini. Price includes keyboard and mouse. Available the 14th.