Playback Error

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
Hi everybody it's good to have you all back in business.My problem began while i was using 17.6 Krypton.i noticed i was constantly getting messages in my updates about Beautiful soup & Python which continued after i installed 18.5 Leia over 17.6,so i decided to backup 17.6 & did a clean install of Leia which cured THAT problem.Lately i have been getting notices on every film download of" one or more files did not play".It continues to download & play on my computer but no sound on my tv via external drive.You will obviously have gathered by now that i am not tech savvy.i hope you guys can help me out somehow please.I have a few screenshots but no log yet which i presume you will need as the error message says check log for further information but i dont really know what to fix.

PS:Sorry guys but cannot get the info to upload ...perhaps you can help.

sincerely

infoink

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
See my signature on how to upload an log.
You can use the maintenance tool in Indigo to clean the cache, thumbs, etc.... It might help. For the "one of more file.....etc...., you could use a Debrid sub such as Real Debrid or Premiumize.me. Either will provide you with premium links which should play better than free links.

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
RavRob many thanks for your speedy & informative reply it is very much appreciated,as is the helpful link for log upload.Please bear with me while i ask if the problem can be sorted other than with real Debrid etc.As you advised i have used the maintenance tool to clear rubbish from the app,but, to no avail.I also failed in my previous post to find a way to upload screenshots etc.Any help there would also be gratefully accepted.Many thanks again.

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
Hi Guys i have tried to upload the log based on the link provided by RavRob but i am getting a message saying "Upload Failed: Unexpected URL From ????"which means it was an incomplete message.Can somebody explain please.Regards as ever.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Be sure to set an email address before you attempt to upload your log. Once set, if you're still getting an error, let me know and I will try and direct you in uploading your log manually.

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
Hi RavRob I actually think i entered my email but not sure now since i had to abandon it due to time pressures.if you can leave this with me for a day or two i will attempt it again and get back to you.many thanks for your help and patience with this (and me)

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
Hi RavRob and team.My apologies for delay in getting back to you and also in my previous post i failed to set email address due to no link on the log uploader and i need your help as to what needs doing in settings.As you suggested i connected with real debrid but sadly i am not having any joy on kodi.I have two apps linked (Ex**us & S*ren).i got a message telling me it is configured on kodi but debrid links not showing and obviously i am still getting the "one or more files" etc.as regards S*ren the links are showing but not playing?????? some message about unrestrcting link(s)??The solution is nearly bad as problem.🤪also can you help me with uploading things like screenshots,files etc please.

Regards and thanks for your help and patience.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I am not sure about Ex**us since I don't use it myself.
S*ren, you need to go to tools, addon settings and enable Real Debrid and ResolveURL in there. If not it just won't play.
for screenshots, you need to take your screenshot and upload it to a site such as imgur.com and plst the link here using the image widget at the top of the post reply or pressing crtl-p in your post.

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
Hi guys my apologies for such a long delay.I presume the thread has been closed at this stage...and rightly so.I am struggling so much with just about everything you could not believe it.I have read your signature post on how to upload a log file but to no avail sadly,because i do not get the option to enter a valid email address since i am using Kodi leia.😩You can go ahead and close this thread and i will open a new thread later, HOPEFULLY, with a link of the log file.If you have any other wisdom you can impart as to how to sort this in settings etc please do not hesitate to let me know.Can i say how helpful you guys have been,not to mention your patience.Hope to chat you soon with something you can work on.

Kindest Regards

infoink

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I am guessing you are using a PC or Laptop for your viewing (let me know if it is another platform). If so, your log is located at
%APPDATA%\Kodi\kodi.log
Simply type that in your windows search bar. Grab your log and upload it in pastebin.com
Once posted there, grab the link and post it here.
When you got your real debrid account, I am assuming it was a paid account, right? A free account never works quite right even during happy hours.
Short of this, you could remove Kodi completely including your profile folder at
%APPDATA%\ and kill the Kodi folder. Then reboot your laptop and finally re-install Kodi and all the addons you can't live without.

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
Hi RavRob many thanks for your reply.Yes i am using a laptop running Win 10.I have read your signature on uploading the log and the problem i have is,it is based on Kodi 16 or lower and the settings seem so much different from Leia.Having said that I feel certain its something that i'm not doing right.I'm sure you have gathered by now i do not have a degree in this.Is there anything specific to be done with posting to Pastebin because i tried this already and the log filled the entire page so there were no links available on Pastebin to work with.Regarding debrid yes it is a paid a/c and i will wait until you see the log (hopefully) to see what the problem is.In reference to deleting Kodi (and profile folder) i have done this on a few occasions but the problem returns each time (one or more files failed to play...).Thanks again for your help.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
OK. So you grab your log,
c&p to pastebin.com
Enter an expiry date if you wish or it will never expire (not important)
Enter a title/subject at the bottom
Just below that you will get a button saying "create new paste" Click this button
Once the screen changes, your link will be in the address bar at the very top.
something like "
Code:
https://pastebin.com/0wweNrFS
"
Paste it here
NOTE: I can't read logs but @syntax, @Shinzin or any one of the more knowledgeable members will be happy to chime in and troubleshoot your problems.

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
RavRob here is the link (hopefully) and i hope syntax and Shinzin wont be shocked by the content.😦

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016

Fingers crossed.🙏

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Getting closer. The problem now is that you didn't catch the error with your log. You need to enable the logging, then restart Kodi, do what it is you do to cause the error, once the error has occured, stop the logging, upload your log to paste in and post the link here.

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
Never thought something so simple could be so frustrating.....but then as yo know i am in the amateur status.Thanks for your patience.
Once More.

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
RavRob sorry about the entire log showing but it happens when I press the preview button & obviously I dont know how to minimise it.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
No worries about how it shows up on the forum. It is a matter of how links are showing on here. The problem is I can't see the error (of course I am not a dev and I can't really read a log). It looks like you didn't catch the error in your log. Be sure to start your Kodi fresh, start the log (Seiings>system>loging>enable debug log), at this point, do what you normally do until you run in the error you are describing. Once the error has happened, go back to the settings and stop the debug log. Now either use a log uploader such as Indigo or just grab your log as you already did and post it to Pastebin. Post the link as you have done.
No worries, you will get it eventually.

Infoink

Jul 28, 2016
Hi RavRob thanks again for your helpful reply.I am at a loss to know what to do next.What you described (#19) is exactly what i did i #17 and the only error apparent to me is the original problem: ie:"one or more files failed to play check the log for details" and this appears every time i try to play or download a movie.Another thing is i cannot configure real debrid in Kodi but it is working fine on my android appliance.Now i have googled this for ever and the only help available seems to be clear cache etc which is something i do automatically through Indigo Maintenance Tool.I really appreciate all your help and encouragement but i have hit a brick wall.Is there something else i should look out for.