Playback issues with Kodi favourites

Holly1

Sep 30, 2016
Hi all

I started having a problem with Kodi on my android tv box a couple of days ago. It's been working fine since I bought it a year ago. When I open some streams from the 'favourites' in Kodi home menu they either have a black screen and just sound or they play normally but I can't stop, go back (no context menu showing via my remote or mouse) and I have to go into android Home screen and the stream is still playing until I force stop Kodi via settings. All streams are from 'Pho*nix' and 'NotFilmOn' addons.

The only change I made prior to this issue was to install and uninstall Renegades tv guide and it did start up showing streams but then it wasn't loading correctly, I uninstalled it within a couple of hours of installing.

I've googled and tried several 'fixes' - force stop, clear cache doesn't work, and also unticked acceleration in settings. I have also uninstalled Kodi twice (both times clearing data prior to uninstalling), used 'Fresh start' from tvaddons repo and also did a clean install of my android tv box but nothing seems to be working. When these same streams are opened directly from the addon they are fine. Not sure if it is a problem with the box of 'favourites'?

Hope someone can help!