Please can I ask about connecting Keyboards in this thread?

spiderj27

Feb 29, 2016
Hi -

I'm not new to Kodi but I'm having an issue I can't resolve.

I've just bought a Metal GTQ 4K Smart Android 5.1 Lollipop Quad Core TV Box 2G+8GB R4DO - which is a lovely thing. Have installed Jarvis and it's working a treat. But whatever I try I can't get my old WiFi Mini-Keyboard to accept Text input from the keyboard - the pointer works fine and I can get around and make it work - but have to do text input One.Onscreen.keyboard.Click.At.A.Time. and it's driving me MENTAL.

Does anyone know if this is a Jarvis issue, a lollipop issue or can someone recommend the best mini wifi or bluetooth keyboard that will work with this machine?

This is the Box I purchased - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-GTQ-4K-Smart-Android-5-1-Lollipop-Quad-Core-KODI-XBMC-TV-Box-2G-8GB-R4DO-/151826649652?

Many thanks.

Paul

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
I use a couple of different keyboards.
One is a rii something or other, the next is a sumvision air mouse that came with an early android box and my other one is a cheap Chinese no brand.
All of them work fine for me.

Does android pick up the kb OK?

spiderj27

Feb 29, 2016
Yes Jokester. The mousepad on the mini-keyboard works, as does the back button and the *click* button - but it won't send *any* text at all inside kodi or in the android environment outside Kodi. As I said - it worked fine on my older MX Box. *Mystery*.

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
If it doesn't work in android then it's got nothing to do with kodi.
My guess is that is not compatible with your box.

On a side note there's only one "E" in jokster :)

Aka12

Apr 24, 2016
Hi i may its a late problem...you probably git your case sorted out...but just to let uou know...i am also using the same lollipop 5.1.1 just like yours....i had to change my keyboard too...i got the RII I8+ keyboard from Amazon n it works great with four thtee months already without a hitch...n quiet price friendly

gray198

Apr 26, 2016
I use an app on my Android tablet called Yatze. It's free and works well on raspberry Pi's and M8 box
gray