Request Please Help!! Adbfire is taking FOREVER to load APK's and HOURS to back up Kodi

The Negotiator

Feb 5, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am a semi-noob.. I have been messing with Amazon Fire TV's and Sticks for a few months. I use Adbfire to load the APK's and whatnot. I am not the most technologically advanced person in the world, but I'm far from the worst. It has been taking an average of 45 minutes to load Kodi on the Amazon sticks, and I am currently trying to back up my latest version of Kodi with all of my desired settings. I am currently 2 hours in to this back up.... I recently realized this should really not take any longer than 5 minutes.

I am desperate for help.

Has anyone run into this issue, and is there a stupid quick fix I can make on my laptop to speed up this process?

For reference I have an HP Envy M6 laptop that is a year old and I have cable internet with download speeds of 30mbps and upload of 6mbps. I really do not understand what my issue is here.

ANY HELP IS SO GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED!!

The Negotiator

Feb 5, 2015
Yes, Apps from unknown sources is also On. I really don't understand why this is taking so long for me. I tried multiple computers, even connected via Ethernet... still the same slow process.

The Negotiator

Feb 5, 2015
I backed up a different version (TVMC) last night and let it run when I went to bed. According to the log it took a little over 3 hours to back up. I'm afraid to stop ADB now since it's been so long already. I want it to back up in full.

Do you think this can be a antivirus/firewall issue? I have a stupid Norton antivirus crap that ******* won't let me delete.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Kodi Support 4
T Kodi Support 3
R Program Addons 11