Plex/xbmc

goldrood

Aug 5, 2013
I have installed the above mentioned and everything seemed alright.However when I try and play a film via plex the message displayed "cannot connect to host"I have obviously not done something or done something wrong.Can anyone help please

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
We are here for XBMC ;) NOT PLEX.

Plex issue is likely based on your server as you need it set up correctly to play anything on PLEX. UNLIKE XBMC... WHICH IS A STAND ALONE APP

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
I have installed the above mentioned and everything seemed alright.However when I try and play a film via plex the message displayed "cannot connect to host"I have obviously not done something or done something wrong.Can anyone help please
I had the same happen to me. I went to the settings of plexbmc and changed the discovery setting from gpd to off and then entered the ip address of the server machine and bingo. Hope this helps. I like the addon as I have a large drive with hundreds of movies and shows and music on it and I've had a plex server set up for years. It has it's strengths, but I've always preferred xbmc. The thing is that with that drive set-up with xbmc I found it bogged things down because of the volume of stuff on it. With plexbmc running inside of xbmc it all runs nice and smooth and I still have all the metadata, etc.. Works great!