posting error log

billce

Jul 13, 2016
I'm back. RavRob, I see that you have how to post an error log at the bottom of your signature. It's for Jarvis and below. Is there a tutorial for Krypton? Do you think posting an error log would help solve this no stream available problem? Bluestacks and ********* are not the solution! Incredible buffering.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Yes please post an error log but if possible, edit the infringing addons. You can simply disable them until the error is caught and log is posted.

The link in my signature is very much like the one for Jarvis. Some small differences but I know you will be able to figure this out easily.

billce

Jul 13, 2016
I must have made a misstep. The screen that says to input email address has disappeared. There is a note in the tutorial that says it'll only ask you this once and then you have to go into addon settings to alter it. No idea where addon settings are.
Also, I don't understand what you mean by disabling the infringing addons till the error is caught. How would I edit the infringing addons?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
To get you email back in the addon, just highlight the addon you use to upload the log. This can be the one in Indigo or a stand alone. Select settings and re-enter your correct email addy.

To disable any addons, go to Kodi settings, addons, my addons, all
highlight any addons and select information. There you can disable the addon and re-enable it later on without losing anything.

billce

Jul 13, 2016
The log cannot be uploaded because there's an error in the log uploader. Typical.

billce

Jul 13, 2016
I went to the user data and couldn't find any error log to upload. Maybe it's under another name.

billce

Jul 13, 2016
Yes, that's where the link kodi wiki view user data took me. I should have specified that I couldn't find anything called error log at the %APPDATA%\kodi. Either I missed it or it's called something else.
Sorry to be so much trouble. It sure would help if I knew what I was doing.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
If you can't find there, it means you haven't initiated an error log in Kodi. You first have to get the log so you can catch your error. Once the log has capture the error you duplicated, you will find it and will be able to post it.

billce

Jul 13, 2016
There is now a kodi log in %appdata%\kodi. The pastebin link gives the website and the option to create new paste but I can see no way to get it from appdata folder to pastebin and then to tvaddons forum.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Kewl. Now we're getting there. Open the log with Notepad or some other text software, select and copy the content and past it into pastebin. Then copy the pastebin link here.