Power Of the Ruspberry PI via android

chris chambers

Mar 20, 2013
I have been reading around the different Websites I am picking up is that it is not a good idea to keep on pulling the power on the PI, as this might / will cause issues with the SD card.

My setup is that I am powering the PI via the USB port from the TV, so even time I turn on my TV the PI is powered up and at night, then I turn the TV off, the PI is powered off.

What I would like to do is have a app or command that will allow me to remote shutdown the PI after I have been using it, I was thinking about something like a SSH command, but I am not 100% sure on how to go about it. Or this there something within the XBMedia software.

Any ideas ?

Dazliquid

Mar 31, 2013
Hello, this is my first post too, I think i might start by changing your subject to 'Power Off', at the moment it sounds more like an advert for using the Pi with android :) The IOS version of the official XBMC app has an option to shutdown (it's hidden in the settings tab when you're looking at the list of XBMC machines on your network) are you sure the android one doesn't have the same option ? Although I think having to remember to do that eveytime you turn the TV off might get to be a real pain. I'd just get a separate power supply and leave it on all the time.

Thanks
Daz

Last edited: