PrivateInternetAccess - Top VPN Provider

bludgeonLiamHAHAHA

Feb 27, 2016
be aware

privacy is nullified if you login to "free" services via vpn and do anything else in that session.

privacy is NOT achieved if you haven't bothered to BLOCK 3rd party ads (Privacy R*pe)

bludgeonLiamHAHAHA

Feb 27, 2016
You can be sure PIA is overselling. I bought a year of service for $29.

I primarily use TorGuard.

I use socks5 with Quasar fro mobile devices, otherwise at home I use Sick Beard with kodi via NFS & ZFS

Romster

Aug 16, 2012
I'm in the UK and PIA speeds sucked for me. Id previously used HMA ( hide my ass) which was excellent good connection speeds , reliable and plenty of servers too their suport is also very responsive highly recommend.

chinrest

Jan 5, 2016
Although I've been happy with pia, I wonder if it's safer using someone not based in the states. Pia are a bit cheaper than some of the others I've looked at.

xoted

Jan 12, 2015
hi
can this vpn be applied to my router so as to cover anything connected to it hardwired or wifi connections??
cheers

Bopper36

Sep 21, 2014
I have been using Private Internet Access (PIA) for over a year. My ISP speed with PIA off is 152 with PIA turned on my speed is 132.

I have installed PIA on my 3 TV Streaming boxes and have it programed to turn PIA on each time the box is started, that way I always use PIA when streaming.

Last edited:

peterkendrick

Aug 17, 2016
United States
I was using PIA few months back, and although the VPN client software isn't that user friendly, but I found it's customization to be quite useful in choosing the encryption method, gateways, adblocker, and other things. I found it to be the affordable and one of the reliable VPN services available in the market.

Last edited:

Pippin

Jul 18, 2015
The best and most cost effective VPN I've found so far is https://vpnarea.com/front/.
Easy set up plenty of high speed servers (including dedicated P2P ones) and the price is right!

Also multi platform.

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I think a lot of top VPN will actually give you a 1 week trial. Maybe look around see which one will give you a trial or money back guarantee.
PIA or Nord seem pretty good.

vid

Nov 11, 2013
It is one of the top VPN providers and I've been using it for years now even though I'm not even located in the United Kingdom and don't have problems with content blocks whatsoever. I use it for security and privacy reasons and have chosen this service because of its wide array of location options and speed. This is the one I recommend and I can say that I've heard dozens of XBMC users vouch for this service so far. You'll fnd more information at the article on our blog:

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/12/09/how-to-configure-your-device-to-access-the-internet-through-a-vpn-for-enhanced-privacy-and-watch-blocked-content/
I have used it for over a year, but I am looking to change, because it slows down Mbps at peak times, and at times I can't access the internet with it, and I have to disconnect. Windows updates have also have effected it, and I had uninstall and re-stall.
Off peak times it normally works okay.

Last edited:

Trespasser

Nov 2, 2015
Hi,
I tried PIA, on two different occasions, but the only problem I had with them is they don't have any servers close to where I live here is the USA. As a result the ping to the server closest to me was always too high, IMO.

Wish they had some servers in Atlanta...but they don't.

Later...

Highcroft

Jun 2, 2015
Used pia for 3 years on phone, computer, iPad and box never had any probs, speed always good, will be renewing again in Dec

Kencran

Nov 19, 2017
I used PIA before and it's actually good. But I recently subscribed to IPVanish for gaming. I read an article about the top 5 VPNs for gaming and IPVanish is in the top 1 so I tried. So far it's good too.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
I used PIA before and it's actually good. But I recently subscribed to IPVanish for gaming. I read an article about the top 5 VPNs for gaming and IPVanish is in the top 1 so I tried. So far it's good too.
IPVanish are good, there's no doubt about it they are one of the best.
However your find lots of people recommend them on their sites because they get a referral bonus.

If you click the link from Vpnalert which you pasted it takes you too IPVanish to subscribe but if you read the http link you can see it's actually a referral link.

It's the reason why every Kodi blogger, Youtuber, etc recommends them so just be aware of that !