Request Problem Installing Add-ons

ARNOLDMAN

Jun 18, 2018
Very frustrating - I have King Box 3, and installed the latest Kodi. I print the instructions to load ****** on Kodi 17.6,. When I get to install from the zip file, open package installer I don't have the Kodi options listed on my screen?

DrevalianVanoi

Jun 3, 2017
Need a little more information on this one.

Very frustrating - I have King Box 3, and installed the latest Kodi. I print the instructions to load ****** on Kodi 17.6,. When I get to install from the zip file, open package installer I don't have the Kodi options listed on my screen?
Have you ever installed addons to Kodi on this device? If not, you have to go into settings and flip the "Unknown sources" switch.

If you did this already, check to see if it is a repository rather than the actual addon; the steps are different to access an addon via a repo.

It's frustrating and aggravating, but also post as much info as you can about steps and details as is possible so that others know where to start with trouble-shooting. Things like side-loading programs or installing zip files or any number of things may have been misunderstood or overlooked and can be easy fixes for veteran Kodi users if they have some idea what you did leading up to the problem.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Installing from zip is done from inside Kodi, not using a package installer. Go to Kodi settings>Addons>Install from Zip and navigate to the location where you put the zip file. Select it and that's it. Wait for the message saying addons installation successful.