problem with kodi settings after new fusion

dvader6

May 21, 2016
Hi. Recently I upgraded my kodi to latest jarvis and also followed the new fusion settings (through tvaddons) that claimed it will keep kodi running faster and better. I did so on both my computer and tablet as well as my android tv box (M8S amlogic 12).

I then configured my home screen on the needed categories (video, program, system) and hid the music, pictures, ... categories.
I also changed the shortcut apps for both video (I chose Ex**us, Cas**way, sport demon, Pho*nix) and program categories to my most used ones.
I did so for all three devices.

While everything works fine in my comp and tablet kodis, the TV box settings keeps resetting itself to default settings. Meaning everytime I start my kodi on the box, the hidden categories reappear and my shortcuts go back to the default five sites!

What can I do to prevent this reset to default

Thanks in advance

Tikipeter

Apr 22, 2014
In Jarvis it is essential to shut down Kodi correctly otherwise any skin setting changes will not be saved.

dvader6

May 21, 2016
I'm afraid it doesnt work.
Even after using ''quit'' (which I assume you mean it saves the changes), the next day it went back to the default

I'm at a loss!
I cant keep changing these everytime i open kodi

Tikipeter

Apr 22, 2014
Perhaps the memory is full on the android box?
Otherwise, likely the guisettings file is becoming corrupt upon exit, so Kodi remakes it with a default guisettings file. If this is the case, I would get the settings how you would like them, and then make a backup of this file so it can be replaced if needed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Kodi Support 2
1 Kodi Support 2
I Kodi Support 9