Problem with Kodi settings

pandra

Apr 10, 2014
Recently when I start Kodi, it gives me a series of error messages, with skin problems and then a specific reference to YouTube and then no other settings. I'm not sure what is being affected, but it looks like I can't change providers. I downloaded and re-installed Kodi, but that didn't seem to touch the problem.

So here's the section of the log dealing specifically with YouTube:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named idna
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\gail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\startup.py", line 11, in <module>
from youtube_plugin.kodion import service
File "C:\Users\gail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\__init__.py", line 18, in <module>
from .abstract_provider import AbstractProvider
File "C:\Users\gail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 20, in <module>
from . import utils
File "C:\Users\gail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\utils\__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
from .http_server import get_http_server, is_httpd_live, get_client_ip_address
File "C:\Users\gail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\utils\http_server.py", line 17, in <module>
import requests
File "C:\Users\gail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\__init__.py", line 113, in <module>
from . import packages
File "C:\Users\gail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages.py", line 7, in <module>
locals()[package] = __import__(package)
ImportError: No module named idna
-->End of Python script error report<--

The other settings messages are similar in implying that something called Python and idna are at fault. Here's what follows the above:

2021-01-01 16:57:26.495 T:18472 NOTICE: [ script.module.fenomscrapers ] Service Started
2021-01-01 16:57:26.495 T:18472 NOTICE: [ script.module.fenomscrapers ] Sync "My Accounts" Service Starting...
2021-01-01 16:57:26.935 T:11864 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named metadatautils
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\gail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\service.py", line 10, in <module>
from resources.lib.main_service import MainService
File "C:\Users\gail\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\main_service.py", line 15, in <module>
from metadatautils import MetadataUtils
ImportError: No module named metadatautils
-->End of Python script error report<--

I don't have a clue what to do about any of this. I'd appreciate any help. I can obviously provide more of the log if that would help.

Thanks in advance.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
When you removed kodi, did you also remove your profile folder? If it is not removed, the problem will remain. It is located at:
%APPDATA%\
And remove the kodi folder there reboot your laptop and reinstall kodi.

pandra

Apr 10, 2014
Thanks. I wasn't sure which folder to erase. The reinstallment kept putting it back, so I thought maybe I should erase the whole roaming kodi folder. I did that, and it looks like I got rid of all my addons. I will proceed over the next day or two to put them back. I've done no more than start up Kodi, and so far I'm not getting the error messages. I appreciate your assistance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Kodi Support 2
D Fusion Installer 4
I Kodi Support 9