problems jailbreaking atv 2 4.3

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
im using seasonpass but when restoring in itunes i get an error build not supported (or some thing like that) the atv firmware is 4.3 any one know what the problem could be?

Mikey1234

Banned
May 6, 2012
UK
You more than likely aren't using the correct seasonpass for your build..

Best bet download ifaith and dump your shsh blobs and use snow breeze to build you a custom signed ipsw then use ireb to put into pwned dfu

Hit shift restore in iTunes and choose custom ipsw

And your done and will always have that ipsw forever

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
Yeah I'll have a go later I don't mind going to 5.0.2 (5.1.1) if that's possible?

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
i think I've messed up. updated to 5.1 (iOS 6?) rushed and forgot to save shah blobs. is there any way i can downgrade?

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
You more than likely aren't using the correct seasonpass for your build..

Best bet download ifaith and dump your shsh blobs and use snow breeze to build you a custom signed ipsw then use ireb to put into pwned dfu

Hit shift restore in iTunes and choose custom ipsw

And your done and will always have that ipsw forever
Hey Mikey, I just built my ipsw with Sn0wBreeze ,never used it before, I noticed while it was building there was a message adding Cydia, Can we use that on Atv2?

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
Is there any way back been trying to put 5.0.2 on but keeps coming up device build error

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
Cant go back now mate, Should have grabbed those blobs at the start, Im afraid you now have to play the waiting game, either a tethered jailbreak, Will be a longish time until an unthered jailbreak, Id stick it in a drawer while waiting and get a RaspberryPI or android box, Sorry

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
Well I read this morning on redmondpie.com that there is a tethered jailbreak for ios6 for A4 devices, so you might not have to wait that long to be able to use your atv2, albeit with only a tethered jailbreak, but that`s got to be better than nothing, Send the guys at seas0npass an email, you never know they may even ask you to test something for them if they have it.

Jarvis

Banned
May 7, 2012
Emerald Isle
Don'tmean to hijack but I'm sure OP's query is answered and don't want to start a new thread.
I'm about to buy a second hane atv2 on 5.0.2 but not jailbroken. Is seas0npass still usable now that 5.1 is out? I remember having to shift restore to the custom fw but can I restore to Seas0npass created 5.02 custom fw when the unit won't have blobs?
I know I should know this already but just need to be 100% sure before dishing out €100.

Hey jas0n, did you get my pm on xbmcandroid?

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
Hi mate, I would follow Mikey here, use ifath to grab your shsh blobs, then use sn0wbreeze to build custom ipsw file:) going to xbmc android now, Im getting an error 404 for the xbmcandroid forums, so no i didnt get the pm mate

Last edited: