Question Problems with Leia 18.4 32bit

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
What platform are you using? Are you sure you need a 32 bit version? Try the 64 bit see if it works better.

There are no sources more reliable than kodi.tv

oldcollegegal

May 21, 2017
Kingston ON Canada
Thanks for your reply. I am using KODI on my old desktop computer which runs Windows 10. I had the previous iteration of Leia on there but went all wonky on my and nothing I did within it fixed the problems so I thought I would delete and reinstall. When I tried to download from tvaddons.co, I got an error messages telling me to use the 32bit version.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
OK so delete your version again. I am sure it is a bad install. When uninstalling your version of Kodi, be certain to also remove your profile folder. It is natively hidden from view and therefore you need to do some extra work to remove it. The best (easiest) way to do this is to use Iobit uninstalling tool. It is free and does a great job in removing remnants of programs such as this.

Of if you prefer you can delete manually by typing this in your search at the bottom of your computer
Code:
%APPDATA%\Kodi\
Once there, delete or rename your userdata folder.
Reboot your computer and reinstall Kodi.

Reactions: capslock

oldcollegegal

May 21, 2017
Kingston ON Canada
So, thanks for those suggestions as they helped get Leia 18.4 installed. I followed the procedures and got my add-ons but I get error messages sometimes, ie "check the log for more information" but if go to the log there is nothing there. Still, most of it is up and running. I appreciate the suggestions!

ViciousCircle

Oct 11, 2019
I'm having an issue with Kodi as well, I"m using Ex**us Redux and on the TV Search option it stops and wont go farther than the listing, if I click on the show to take me to the seasons it won't go. Now can my ISP effect this? Becasue movies work fine.

tdramtool

May 26, 2016
I got kodi loaded and a build loaded close kodi after installing build and tried to open kodi and all it does is open a black box that covers the top left corner of the display then it closes itself now what i was running 17.6 with no trouble at all the only thing there was when wife and I would try to watch charmed 2018 it would only play the frist one not the new reboot show

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Ditch the build. Only install Kodi and one of two addons you really use and you will notice a world of difference.

Reactions: zagato

tdramtool

May 26, 2016
mot sure how long you have had or use kodi you find that build have good thing to offer i do like to watch live spores that just kodi des't do thank you i got it working

zagato

Oct 4, 2019
builds look nice but use too many resources in my view and many of the addons use the same sources anyway!
one addon e.g. 7of9(AIO) can do everything a complete build can do.
good luck.

Reactions: capslock