Problems with Netflix - Rooted FTV with autostart to xbmc

northernwarrior

Jun 14, 2014
When I into andriod apps and select Netflix, it loads fine. It will show all the shows and I can scan through everything.

When I go to select one to play, it either
1. Hangs halfway loading, then I assume crashes and restarts xbmc

or and this is currently happening the last 3 days and haven't been able to watch anything due to this.

2. It stops and gives an error saying it can't play this file currently, either try later or pick another title. Every movie or tv show is the same message.

However - I am still able to use the Huluplus

Any ideas or tips ? My wife is getting a little peeved at me as I bought this so we could use netflix and xbmc ... hahaha.

Nw-

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Sounds a lot like my wife's feelings about FTV. IMO netflix on ftv has some strange bug that may or may not have been fixed with firmware updates. Though, i have to say the crashes seem to be less frequent since i updated to Kodi. For me, its always a simple fix (reboot ftv) but you seem to have it worse. I find it was crashing when i watch some xbmc addon then go to netflix. It displays menu, i click on a video, it plays for 5 seconds then the above error message happens. It doesnt crash if i use netflix first. If that first netflix video plays...every netflix video will play as long as i dont go to xbmc. Got so bad I always test the first netflix video before handing the remote to my wife.
Dont have a fix but you might want to try updating if you can. Or maybe uninstalling and reinstall? And Im not sure but you could try the netflix apk from playstore. Its listed as a compatible app with ftv but not sure if its a different version. Good luck!
Btw--by autostart u mean mastafunk's mod? I use that but my netflix issues go back well before that.

northernwarrior

Jun 14, 2014
I unfrooze the launcher and netflix works like a charm. now i just need to show wife where to load up xbmc if she happens to press the home button by mistake.

weird. i have netflix pinned to my main xbmc screen and it works once the launcher goes to amazon vs xbmc. if we press back button from netflix, it goes back to xbmc. just not when the home button is pressed.

Easy fix , if I could get my harmony remote to work. This way, I would just make the home button map to a odd button on the remote so it wouldn't be pushed by mistake.,

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
I've actually got a working theory for the netflix crashes. Th other day I was watching a tv show on xbmc and then switched to netflix But I didnt stop the video playback. The result was netflix started to load and open to the main menu, all the while the audio from my xbmc show kept playing! I clicked on a video from netflix and it started to load but never opened. The video from xbmc, however, remained unphased and was still playing after i exited netflix and went back to xbmc.
I'm far from an expert, but based on what I know amazon fire tv is notorious for using more data than necessary on netflix. With both running at the same time I could see it crashing a lot. Better minds can hopefully intervene and there maybe a fix. I will say again though, netflix was crashing on me before i switched to the mod launcher. This just made it occur more frequently.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
One question if you have XBMC why use Netflix?
There are many things that make Netflix a MUCH BETTER USER EXPERIENCE than XBMC. I completely understand using the service along side XBMC.

That said... Genesis by lambda is slowly changing the balance in xbmc's favor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Indigo Tool 2
N Kodi Support 2
D Amazon Fire TV 2