PVR Manager

lartomar2002

Dec 23, 2012
Near Kennedy Space Center
Since Kodi 17.4 and now 17.5 when open opening Kodi on my Samsung android 10.5 tablet in the upper right corner it shows "PVR manager loading" and it keeps going for a minute or 2. During this time I will be continually getting pop-up notifications about PVR clients not starting or something to that effect and I have to constantly keep closing them before I can continue. I have gone into the System > PVR TV LIVE Settings but there is nothing there I can see to disable the PVR Manager. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

lartomar2002

Dec 23, 2012
Near Kennedy Space Center
That worked, thanks. But, I had to force close Kode every time I disabled a client and then reopen Kodi and then repeat the process for all of the PVR processes that was causing the problem, approximately seven. Small price to pay to stop all of that. I do not know why I could not return to the "ALL ADDONS" page after disabling a addon which forced me to force close Kodi every time.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Not sure. Maybe give it time to react. If you force close, it might not remember your settings. So maybe use patience and cross fingers that it will close correctly and remember the settings.

fredphoesh

Jul 27, 2013
United Kingdom
Go to Kodi settings>Addons>All> in the PVR section, see what is enabled and disable it.
Hi
I am trying to turn PVR ON because in kodi repositories, there is no PVR listed, and I need an addon that is there.

There is no Kodi settings >Addons!
In Kodi settings there are 11 icons, player, media, pvr&live, service, interface, skin, profile, system, sys info, event log, file manager... but no Addons in settings... BTW in the pvr&live there is no option to turn PVR on or off... but I assume it is no, as this element is there, but then why no PVR section in the default kodi addons repository?

Been trying for about an hour now... crazy how messy Kodi menu is.

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Hi
I am trying to turn PVR ON because in kodi repositories, there is no PVR listed, and I need an addon that is there.

There is no Kodi settings >Addons!
In Kodi settings there are 11 icons, player, media, pvr&live, service, interface, skin, profile, system, sys info, event log, file manager... but no Addons in settings... BTW in the pvr&live there is no option to turn PVR on or off... but I assume it is no, as this element is there, but then why no PVR section in the default kodi addons repository?

Been trying for about an hour now... crazy how messy Kodi menu is.
If you are using the Krypton default skin, just click on Addons on the main page, then the small open box on the top left of the screen, then My Addons. Sorry I can't really remember and I am not near a machine where I can check the correct steps. But I think it is that simple.

Last edited: