question about hardware like firetv Apple TV ect.....

JAPGEISHA

Aug 8, 2012
we had a section where we can discussion about firetv apple tv ect can not see it . m i missing anything thx god bless

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
Yeah we have to go to http://forums.cablecutters.com to discuss hardware now which is ludicrous to me seeing as when I tried to link to a thread here I found they censor this site.
There are times when the hardware/software line is blurred. An example is I've been trying to get confirmation what are the URL's we need to block for FireTV updates seeing as when Android 6 (Marshmallow) comes out it will take away the Developer Options. This means we will no longer have the ability to update Kodi using abdFire, Apps2Fire and ES File Explorer.

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
I'll just drop this comment from the Apps2Fire developer here because it directly affects FireTV hardware while at the same time is software related:

Important: As of Android 6 (marshmallow) Google removed ADB (Android Debug Bridge). ADB is the base function for sideloading. Therefore, Apps2Fire (and similar Apps) will not work anymore. I'm sorry about but I cannot do anything about this. What a pity!

Further to this, there is zero knowledge there and it's like being in a cold white room by yourself due to an unfriendly atmosphere where you feel like you're walking on eggshells not knowing what's allowed and what is.