Question about Priority and Multiple Debrid services

AsphyxNYC

Apr 7, 2017
Just curious as to what it the best way to prioritize debrid services in the resolver...

I have a Free Real Debrid account and a Premium Premiumize account.

Currently I have it set so Premiumize is at 95 and Real Debrid at 99.

But would it be better to reverse those so it searches the free account for sources first and then searched the paid account (which has a point system limitation per month, not that I have ever come close to hitting that limit)

Tikipeter

Apr 22, 2014
....would it be better to reverse those so it searches the free account for sources first and then searched the paid account (which has a point system limitation per month, not that I have ever come close to hitting that limit)
No.
A free account for Real-debrid is useless for Kodi. Plus, add-ons in Kodi don't search a real-debrid account, they search providers of links, and then if those links are playable by real-debrid they will show as a real-debrid link. Real-debrid doesn't provide links, they provide a service to play links found elsewhere at a premium speed. Premiumize is pretty much the same, although they do offer a search function for files that have been cached from torrent downloads in their API.
If you have a paid for premiumize account, you should definitely set that as a lower number than a free real-debrid account.

AsphyxNYC

Apr 7, 2017
No.
A free account for Real-debrid is useless for Kodi. Plus, add-ons in Kodi don't search a real-debrid account, they search providers of links, and then if those links are playable by real-debrid they will show as a real-debrid link. Real-debrid doesn't provide links, they provide a service to play links found elsewhere at a premium speed. Premiumize is pretty much the same, although they do offer a search function for files that have been cached from torrent downloads in their API.
If you have a paid for premiumize account, you should definitely set that as a lower number than a free real-debrid account.
Thanks for the explanation of Debrid...I was never sure what it was doing or why with it set it was still searching sources...I only knew that once I subscribed to premiumize I stopped getting SD sources and almost always found an HD source right away.

That explains everything to me! I thought the free account was helpful during off peak hours but I'm wondering if I should just set Real back to 100 and skip it altogether since I have the premiumize?