questions for apple tv 1 with crystalbuntu with bcm970015 card installed

bmwmkc323i

Mar 9, 2013
pleasanton, ca
hi all,

I just installed a bcm970015 card into my apple tv 1 (running crystalbuntu 2.0) last night. It was easy to install the card after following the online instructions, but I had some questions.

1. do I need to configure anything in xbmc after the bcm970015 is installed? I saw in xbmc settings/video playback that hardware acceleration was already enabled.

2. I'm confused as to how I can watch 1080p movies. Do I need to attach a usb hard drive to the back of my apple tv which contains downloaded 1080p movie files then play them like that?

3. Or can I watch available 1080p movies from places like Na*i-X? I tried playing back movie titles that say they are 1080p files but they cannot play. Nothing happens when I tried to select the movie in Na*i-X.

4. Does having the bcm970015 card installed eliminate buffering? I am still getting buffering when watching 720p HD movies from ice films.

5. Is jerkiness or pausing/stuttering supposed to be eliminated when watching a 720p HD movie? I'm still seeing it happen from time to time.

Thanks in advance!

dirty

Oct 5, 2012
I have have been using the atv1 with crystalhd card for about 2 months now and I never adjusted any settings within xbmc, in regards to 1080p playback from my limited knowledge I believe the card allows for playback of many more file types ( which I believe are utilized for 1080p ) than not having it. Basically you should be able to play any file type that you come across. Buffering is usually on the source end, much movies, simply movies, mash up vipplaylists, and noob room within mash up are the addons I use for hd links and I don't have any problems with buffering. Basically if a link is taking too long ( more than 3 mins) I find another one to use. You can also download the movie or tv show to your hard drive and not have any buffering. Hope that helps

bmwmkc323i

Mar 9, 2013
pleasanton, ca
thanks dirty for your reply. I was able to see the 1080p movies available via mashup vip playlists and can playback the 1080p files fine now. It is pretty awesome and super clear! thanks again!