QVC addon needs fixing

nick1945

Apr 13, 2016
Hi... The QVC addon works great, except for:

The QVC live stream is missing all text. Show while showing whatever item then the pricing, description, etc for that item is missing.

The QVC2 live stream is working good.

The Beauty live stream also working good.

Any chance of fixing the QVC stream?

Much thanks to all. :)

nick1945

Apr 13, 2016
Excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea what the QVC addon is or what it does. Is it something actually supported/maintained here?
The addon is supported/maintained by mhancoc7. QVC is a shopping channel (TV). They support live streaming so this is a legal addon. It has 3 options: view the QVC channel, view the QVC2 channel, view the QVC Beauty channel.

Everything works fine except for the QVC channel. It shows the video and plays the sound properly but it is not showing the text overlays which display info like the price of what is being shown, etc.

nick1945

Apr 13, 2016
Its not showing that on the web site either so the link is working just fine..
The link in the addon is: http://www.qvc.com/content/shop-live-tv.html
entering this link in a web browser displays the QVC site properly.

But, if selecting "QVC" from the addon your display will not show any static text, like pricing for example.

The "QVC2" selection is working fine, as is the "Beauty IQ" selection.
If you try installing the addon you should easily see what I mean.

Anyone know how to fix this? Much thanks. :)

skyhigh

Jan 11, 2015
Looks like the pricing is hardcoded into the link for QVC 2 on the web, but QVC looks like the price is a pop up window over the stream, not sure Mhancoc7 will be able to anything with that..

nick1945

Apr 13, 2016
Looks like the pricing is hardcoded into the link for QVC 2 on the web, but QVC looks like the price is a pop up window over the stream, not sure Mhancoc7 will be able to anything with that..
Hope he can because if he can we could enjoy the 2 shopping channels from:
HSN addon: watch HSN and HSN2
QVC addon: watch QVC, QVC2, and Beauty

Of course these channels can be watched in Youtube but I like as addons so much. :)

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Probably going to be difficult to solve this issue. I just checked and the site is down right now for me. I will try to take a look when it is back up.

nick1945

Apr 13, 2016
Probably going to be difficult to solve this issue. I just checked and the site is down right now for me. I will try to take a look when it is back up.
Hey thanks! Can't ask for anything more. Have been following you a long time and, must say, you have certainly contributed to the Kodi community.

You're a good man.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hey thanks! Can't ask for anything more. Have been following you a long time and, must say, you have certainly contributed to the Kodi community.

You're a good man.
I really appreciate that! I should also let you know that I will be discontinuing the individual live addons in favor of my Free Live TV addon. I basically put all of them into a single addon. Easier to maintain. :)

nick1945

Apr 13, 2016
I really appreciate that! I should also let you know that I will be discontinuing the individual live addons in favor of my Free Live TV addon. I basically put all of them into a single addon. Easier to maintain. :)
Interesting that this link (from your QVC code) works on web browser:
hxxps://www.qvc.com/content/shop-live-tv.html

and it worked a few days ago in your code but not anymore :( wonder what the heck :(

To help support your efforts I downloaded your latest Free Live TV efforts from 2 days ago that you have on GitHub (freelivetv.tva-0.3.4) and gave it a try. Here are the selections that failed for me (all others worked):

24/7 Retro
BuzzR
Catholic TV
Newsmax TV
QVC (of course)
QVC2

Hope that helps you a bit. It would be nice if you would allow adding one or more channels to Favorites so that it could be accessed directly :)

Anyway, a tip of my hat to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Interesting that this link (from your QVC code) works on web browser:
hxxps://www.qvc.com/content/shop-live-tv.html

and it worked a few days ago in your code but not anymore :( wonder what the heck :(

To help support your efforts I downloaded your latest Free Live TV efforts from 2 days ago that you have on GitHub (freelivetv.tva-0.3.4) and gave it a try. Here are the selections that failed for me (all others worked):

24/7 Retro
BuzzR
Catholic TV
Newsmax TV
QVC (of course)
QVC2

Hope that helps you a bit. It would be nice if you would allow adding one or more channels to Favorites so that it could be accessed directly :)

Anyway, a tip of my hat to you.
I actually can't get the QVC website to load the videos in my browser. Something may be broken on their end.

I have decided to not get rid of the single purpose Live TV addons. :) I will be updating those soon.

Thanks for the feedback on the Free Live TV addon. I will check the ones you mentioned. Could be a geo block thing.