Rasp pi 2 major issues

Tokiwartooth

Nov 6, 2015
Recently purchased the pi 2, previously had the 512 with no issues but wanted the upgrade. This new one is causing major issues corrupting the micro sd on every reboot. Each time it's turned off or restarted it runs a check disc error and fails to fix so I run fsck -fy /dev/mmblk0p2 entered in the command prompt with a reboot. This sometimes resolves then other doesn't. Leaving with with no option but to reformat the card and start again. Any help would be amazing !!

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
Yep, I would test with a different card. you may have a corrupted section. These RPI 2 are tough, so I would start there to make sure first.

sirhc

Oct 26, 2015
stuck in bed
I had the same problem when i first started out on a pi 2, testing stuff crashing and hanging the pi and having to pull the power to get her booting back up again my problem was both a bad card ( every reboot had file system errors) even tho every test i could do on it always said it was ok and an iffy psu.. i swapped out the psu for a good 2 amp one and grabbed a 2 gig samsung card and its never happen'd again. (the 2 gig card only boots the pi before a usb hdd takes over) with the file system on a 32gig partition and the rest of the space is an ntfs partition with my media files on, (so i can power off the pi then attach the usb drive to a windows machine to add/remove media files etc). I also run a custom build of kodi because i found the other builds and distros of kodi restricting ( no disrespect to them. they are good and do good work and testing).. I like to tinker with things as that's how i learn and improve my knowledge base

Sirhc

Rickt1962

Oct 30, 2013
Also after your new card is installed make sure YOU ALWAYS use kodi to power down, if you unplug it that will corrupt your SD card

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
Ok thanks new card ordered to see if that works
I hope when you say New Card ordered, that you bought a legit card and not one from the fake eBay sellers. SD cards are not one I mess with, they are cheap now a days and can be bought from Costco, Walmart etc.. and to save a few bucks and not knowing the if the card is a fake or not, is not worth. So hopefully you bought it from a reputable location.

I've seen many get caught with cheap and fake cards to find out that is the sour of their problem.

Just making sure you are aware, which I assume you are ;)