Raspberry Pi keeps restarting Kodi / TV addons - Please help!

Monkey Butler

Sep 26, 2015
Hi all

Sorry if this thread in the wrong group.

Starting tonight, my Raspberry Pi B+ has just started restarting Kodi and TV Addons each time it's about to play a movie or to show. It navigates through the menus just fine, it's just when it's about to playback.

I've rebooted the pi from cold 4 times, rebooted the tv, and unplugged the hdmi lead from the back, but no success.

Anyone any ideas? Happily post version numbers or logs if anyone can direct to them!

Thanks,

Monkey Butler

BIGGBK

Oct 28, 2015
I have been experiencing the same problem for two days on my raspberry pi 2 I have tried all the above including changing power cords and outlet at which its plugged any help would be appreciated

nuttypro69

May 6, 2012
Why not just start with a totaly empty Kodi No addon that way you can rule out If a power cord or a bad addon or even repo.

Monkey Butler

Sep 26, 2015
I'll test again tonight and try and post back. However, I don't see it as being a bad power cable. It's a Nokia phone cable, plus it's been working without any issues for the last 2 months since i set it up. Also, it's not rebooting the Pi, it's starting Kodi / TVaddons each time it tris to play a video file.

Monkey Butler

Sep 26, 2015
Ok. Power off and on again. TVaddons updated to 5.13. Works again now - phew!

Let's see how stable it is over the next few days.

WotTheFook

Oct 25, 2015
The Raspberry Pi is only truly stable with a 2A PSU, especially if you are using wifi and wireless keyboard/mouse. I had reboot issues with a 1A supply until I bought the proper 2A one via RS Components. I have the 512Mb B+ model and it's solid as a rock now.

Atreyu

Nov 21, 2015
Ok. Power off and on again. TVaddons updated to 5.13. Works again now - phew!

Let's see how stable it is over the next few days.
Hello,
Did you find the solution for this? Because I have the same problem. And yes, I have a 2.1A power unit