Real-Debrid + North-America = Don't bother

Dorian

Mar 24, 2016
They said themselves on their forum that all their servers are in Europe, therefore, the lines from North America are too clogged up during primetime. It would be nice if they had servers in North America because they'd probably get tons more subscribers.

I personally started looking into this. I got an account for a short time just to test it out. Worked ok, sometimes. The problem comes when its peak hours. Since the RD links get pushed to the top, autoplay becomes useless. And manually selecting sources becomes a pain because all the dozens and dozens of RD links are on top.

Before trying RD, I rarely ever got links that didn't work, or were too slow, and autoplay normally sorted it out and found one. But I did get the odd issue, so I figured I'd try Real-Debrid. Then I ran into the issues in the paragraph above.

So, after much frustration, and reading that post about all their servers being overseas, I disabled RD in Kodi and BAM, everything works perfect again!

So, if you live in the US or Canada, don't both with RD...

Here's a quote from one of their admins who was replying to someone else on the forum:

This is totally ridiculous, our servers are empty and having plenty of free bandwidth so please FUCKING STOP assuming things like we are saturated.
Most people complaining are in USA or CANADA while our servers are in EUROPE and the MAIN source of problems are ATLANTIC FIBERS, YOUR ISPS are throttling them or keep them SATURATED on purposes because they don't want to pay for it.
https://real-debrid.com/forum-view-14591

Just FYI guys.

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
I had a paid account for 3 months, and i just let it go cause I found it didn't make a difference. I'm in Canada

marathon

Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Same here, mine is up in a couple of weeks. Didn't realise all their servers were in Europe. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

catnap

Nov 4, 2015
I live in canada and never had a problem with it,i got slow internet(7mbs) and i can watch HD,720p and sometimes 1080p.I thought it was because of real-debrid but i can be wrong.thx:confused::confused::confused:

marathon

Sep 29, 2015
Canada
I live in canada and never had a problem with it,i got slow internet(7mbs) and i can watch HD,720p and sometimes 1080p.I thought it was because of real-debrid but i can be wrong.thx:confused::confused::confused:
Well, are you using RealDebrid links? If not, then no. Maybe I'm nit understanding your question.

catnap

Nov 4, 2015
Well, are you using RealDebrid links? If not, then no. Maybe I'm nit understanding your question.

yes.i use real-debrid cause i finds theres no buffering with them.lets use Ic*f*lms as a example.if i clicks a HD link without real debrid,it buffers so bad if it even plays at all but with a real debrid account it dont buffer at all.so i guess the account works for me.thanks

Last edited:

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
I live in canada and never had a problem with it,i got slow internet(7mbs) and i can watch HD,720p and sometimes 1080p
at first I was all in with them also, until i started checking how my friends android box and my brothers PC did without RD accounts. and that's what made me change my mind,i came home and got rid of my RD settings and realized that it was making no difference at all.

Thewatchfuleye

Nov 14, 2015
I'm in NY, I tried them and have no real issues, pretty much everything works without any buffering on HD though an occasional hoster has issues from time to time even if it's not "down" but unless you're watching obscure stuff there almost always are plenty of sources.

curtyman11

Feb 21, 2016
Canada
I'm in canada and haven't had any problems with my RD I will likely be renewing once my six months are up, though I'm going to try an all-debrid free trial first.

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
I'm in canada and haven't had any problems with my RD I will likely be renewing once my six months are up, though I'm going to try an all-debrid free trial first.
I'll bet you disable the RD and it works as good as it does with it. have you tried it? i'm curious as why it doesn't make a difference to me or my friends. we live in Ontario Canada and my Brother has a different ISP. so we can rule that out.

gwilly7

May 26, 2014
Broncos Country
I live in the U.S. and use comcast for an isp and Real-debrid works great for me. I previously had century link for an isp and very few links would work for me. Speed was pretty about the same with both carriers 40 meg with centurylink and 50 with comcast. So for me at least isp made a pretty big difference. Centurylink here is DSL here and comcast is cable.

curtyman11

Feb 21, 2016
Canada
I'll bet you disable the RD and it works as good as it does with it. have you tried it? i'm curious as why it doesn't make a difference to me or my friends. we live in Ontario Canada and my Brother has a different ISP. so we can rule that out.
It still works fairly well without it but you don't get quite as good of a picture quality even it says 1080p or 720p it's a compressed file. Less so for movies though.

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
It still works fairly well without it but you don't get quite as good of a picture quality even it says 1080p or 720p it's a compressed file. Less so for movies though.
Really? I can't see a difference personally. if i did I would have kept it going, I was in the middle of re-watching Smallville, i was at season 6 or 7 when i stop using RD and I kept it off.. cause I can't see a difference. I use SA*TS and set my Source sorting as Quality first then Direct then Source and that's it.

jambo55

Apr 7, 2014
I'm in Barbados and I had a free sub for about 10 days or so and all the RD links that populated first worked flawlessly and were in HD.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

marathon

Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Don't think this is quite accurate. All RealDebrid does is allow one to download at the full speed of their pipe - if the show/movie is available. If it's a recent release chances are good. Not so, if a little older.

Also many links I've found, just didn't work. Simply put, for me, its not reliable enough.

Over the last 2 months I've hardly used it, I find most vanilla gvideo links to be better and high resolution.

marathon

Sep 29, 2015
Canada
I'm in Barbados and I had a free sub for about 10 days or so and all the RD links that populated first worked flawlessly and were in HD.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Use it for 6 months or so and then get back to us. 10 days use on a promo is hardly representative!

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Don't think this is quite accurate. All RealDebrid does is allow one to download at the full speed of their pipe - if the show/movie is available. If it's a recent release chances are good. Not so, if a little older.

Also many links I've found, just didn't work. Simply put, for me, its not reliable enough.

Over the last 2 months I've hardly used it, I find most vanilla gvideo links to be better and high resolution.

I've used it for 3 years & found it very reliable, hardly ever any dead links. Strange how people's experience varies so much.

marathon

Sep 29, 2015
Canada
I've used it for 3 years & found it very reliable, hardly ever any dead links. Strange how people's experience varies so much.
Are you close to, or in Europe by any chance? Could be the type of shows too.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Are you close to, or in Europe by any chance? Could be the type of shows too.

Yes, in Europe. Seems like the issue is with your ISP's as mentioned by RD and not with the Real Debrid service itself, I can't fault them at all but there again I don't use an ISP which restricts my bandwidth. I'd say your complaints should be perhaps directed at US/Canada ISP's.