REAL-DEBRID Problems

PavingPimp

Feb 17, 2016
Ok, I need an out side prospective on this... I will give you the back ground and I would really appreciate some guidance from the more knowledgable people in this field.

I got into Kodi a few months back and LOVE IT! so I got a bunch of friends into it. about a month ago I purchased a 3 month package for REAL Debrid and found it it solve a lot of the problems i was having with streams... great! Now I tell my friends about the service... they see it in action and want it, so heres what i do since I'm the only one of my friends that knows how to do ANYTHING in kodi other than watch tv.

I go out and get a prepaid visa as i don't feel comfortable using my credit card overseas (especially Europe)
I set up 3 different accounts from my house with that same credit card.
I walked my friends thru setting it up over the phone in their own homes in kodi.
So now they each have the paid for service(6months mind you) in their respective homes.

That same day, the first account i set up was down graded to free and no refund given and MY account which has been active for a month is now suspended.

I logged a support ticket explaining just that and 9 hours later i get this response "
We don't allow non official resellers and we don't allow Android boxes resellers.
If you need / want an account, pay it for yourself and only for yourself.

Regards."

I am not a reseller. I am not a android box reseller. and honestly, even if i was what difference would it make.. a total of 4 different paid accounts residing at 4 different homes... I only did this to help friends out.

Can someone help me to understand their logic?

Thanks in advance!

Petebutty

Oct 15, 2013
there will probably be better people on here to help you out than myself.
but as I see it, companies like RD do not want the trouble that comes with re sellers due to customer complaints being pointed towards them when things go wrong with the equipment sold.
I feel your pain though, especially if you've just been trying to help some friends out.
Perhaps try get in touch with customer service department and you might be able to come to some sort of agreement.

Fyi, I've been with them on and off for the past few years and never had a problem with any payment issues using my card.

if I remember correctly, they offer other payment options other than credit card, good luck.

PavingPimp

Feb 17, 2016
Thanks for your reply!

I have contacted support, they just give me one line answers and thats it. I have replied to their shitty answers with statements like, "if you are going to disable an account that hasn't even been active for 24 then process a refund and ill move on" but they just don't reply. its horrible customer service to be honest.

More to the point tho, looking at it from what could be considered a "resellers" perspective, you would think they would prefer people like me as I'm the guy that helps my friends out. they don't even know the website that is providing them the service they just know it works better. so all potential problems go through me and i can either fix them or escalate it to the service provider.. less on their plate you would assume.

I sure hope there is someone on this forum that has some real life experience with this can shed some light on it... its just mind boggling.

chief

Feb 15, 2016
i can see your point, and i see the RD point.
before i go into that deeper, first the money issue....

as far is know do the most major debet card companies offer the same customer care as it was a credit card.
so you can try to contact Visa and ask them to start a dispute and reclaim the money from RD.
also keep on mailing with RD to get your money back. it's their right to suspend your accounts, but not to keep the money you payed.

now back to the point that Real Debrid has; they offer a service based on a small fee to connect to payed servers. they take in account that the user uses an X amount of data on average per month.
now comes the box seller who sells his boxes with RD acces. the box seller buys one RD account and spreads it over several sold devices.
these sold devices use up more data together, and RD has to provide more bandwith from it's servers and buy more bandwith from the payed servers. their costs go up but their income doesn't.
RD now has several options. bill more to everyone and loose customers because the "normal" user think the fee is to high, or keep track of payments in correlation to ip adresses and block/ban if a certain customer pays for an account and the static ip's connected to that account are wide spread over an country/state/provence/city. which indicates a box seller.

what happend in your case is you have setup the whole realdebrid shabang in your house with your IP adress and later told your friends how to setup the whole shabang at their homes with their IP adress..
for RD this looks like you are a box seller. the debet cards are all used at your IP (and maybe even in your name) but the accounts who are used, are used somewhere else.

although your intentions are good, there is no way you can convince RD that you are not a box seller, since all box sellers tried to use te same story as you told.. they all were "setting up kodi with RD for friends".

i fully understand Real Debrid in this case and even applaud them for taking this kind of measures to fight boxsellers.
i hope you can understand them now a little better.

still i hope you get your money back.

next time let your friends buy their own debet card or use their own credit card, and set up a Debrid service from their home.
any reason to visit friends is a good one after all.

i also help out a lot of friends with their kodi installs, and sitting next to them at their home and letting them see what i am doing aswell let them do it, makes them learn more about Kodi and such. also as i said before, it's a good excuse to visit a friend ad have a movie night!

PavingPimp

Feb 17, 2016
Chief, I really do appreciate your input on this and would like to continue this discussion further.

Here is an update, they told me they have refunded one account which was down graded(I have yet to see ANY proof of that, but i know it may take a day or so) and the have reinstated my account. So, kudos to them for seeing it for what it is.

Now, back to how i did this... Chief, i can see your point 110% when it comes to account sharing, and i didn't even entertain that idea because its A)dishonest and B)going to bite me and everyone else in the ass eventually. but fact is, RD is a business... they provide a service. that service is used for a fee. in my case i paid for service for each individual person over multiple transactions. if I was RD why would i care where those transactions took place and how many were placed at one time? all of the boxes will ultimately have one account per IP, RD gets their account, people get their service. it baffles me that someone is out there pushing their service and they swat it down.

On the flip side, in my absence from RD i decided to give Premiumize a shot.. i have noticed that shows load faster and some shows are even coming in in better quality, albeit they are more expensive for me, it might be worth it.

PavingPimp

Feb 17, 2016
And.. I missed something.. so what i did was i just setup the account on my end(from my IP) while the box that it was being set up on was at the location it will stay(friends house) and once I setup the account i walked them thru programming it into their own boxes all the while inputing the codes they receive in kodi into my laptop to authorize it. so really their boxes never left their respective houses.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
RD is a business... they provide a service. that service is used for a fee. in my case i paid for service for each individual person over multiple transactions. if I was RD why would i care where those transactions took place and how many were placed at one time? all of the boxes will ultimately have one account per IP, RD gets their account, people get their service. it baffles me that someone is out there pushing their service and they swat it down.
He already explained why above. Unfortunately not everybody is as honest as you, there are a lot of unscrupulous people out there especially in the so-called Kodi 'community'. People will rip-off other people's work, streams, anything to earn a quick buck. Real Debrid are wise to the fact that people out there will be out to take them for a ride & have measures in place to prevent it. You just got hit by these security measures they have in place.

PavingPimp

Feb 17, 2016
No, I totally get the dishonesty part of this community... but playing devils advocate, but paying for a subscription and that subscription is being used as 1 IP at 1 time as per their rules what difference does it make who purchases it? even it it was a reseller.

So, lets just say a box seller goes out and sells 100 boxes. loads everyone of them up with a separate account(and pays for 100 separate accounts) for RD. each one of those boxes are in a different house. So, 100 accounts in 100 different homes with 100 different IP address. it shouldnt matter to RD at that point. Now, i can totally understand if said seller sells 100 boxes with 1 account, well thats hard on RD's system and clearly frauding their service. IF anything its better for RD because the cost to acquire customer share has gone down.

Lets take RD out of the equation.. I go any buy 100 satellite receivers from johnnys satellite store. i take those receivers and i sell them to 100 people and in the process activate 100 accounts. Should anyone care? No, Johnny wins, Satellite company wins, everyone wins. now if i bought 100 satellite receivers from Johnnys satellite and set up 1 account and sent those receivers to 100 different homes, well then we have a problem, and i get that.

I understand there are rules, there has to be rules. but what difference does it make if 1 person is setting up the same number of accounts as there is houses? And that is what i can't wrap my head around.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Ultimately they can do as they please, it's their business, they can run it however they want & if you don't like it you can go elsewhere. Ranting in here is pointless as nobody here can give you the answers you are looking for. All I can say is that I've never heard of people running into these problems before, so whatever you did & whatever their reasons it's not a common occurrence. Perhaps they were suspicious that you were using a stolen credit card or something, as I said nobody knows, but it's up to them to run it as they see fit. I would imagine they've run into a lot of crooks in their time so I don't really blame them for their approach. Sadly in this game you can't trust anybody.

Last edited:

PavingPimp

Feb 17, 2016
I wouldn't exactly call this a rant. Just trying to understand. And you are right, they are a business, and they can run it how they see fit. and if that is how they run their business as a policy then make it known. I implore you to goto their website and find anything that says anything to this effect. Now call it a rant if you will, but at the very least i have educated people out there whom read this forum as to what their policy is and isn't that what community forums are all about?

And someone can give me answers, they can and i KNOW for a fact they read THIS post. So, Why haven't they offered any input on this?

And your right, they are not the only game in town, i have since subscribed to another service and its up in the air if i will stay with RD now. I probably would never have looked at another company if they didn't give me the push by suspending my account and not even giving me the courtesy of a "hey, whats going on?" email first.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Random Topics 1
B Kodi Support 0
T Kodi Support 0