really really slow loading of iptv channels and iptv takes about a hour to load m3u

theakson

Jan 30, 2015
o I got iptv working on my pi b and now I click on a channel and generally wait about 3 - 10 minutes before it plays if it plays at all

I have a dedicated line to the pi of 18mb so something else is happening here. It is a completely fresh load of kodi 14 and I have added tvaddons.

ALSO the iptv app at load time just sits there for about an hour THEN loads the channels from the m3u file on the web. I have experimented with putting the m3u file on the sd card I boot the pi from and no difference. I believe it's a class 4 sandisk if that makes a difference.

how can I find out the actual download speed on the pi

any help would be excellent

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
More likely an issue with the m3u playlist, if you can tell us what it is we can check. If you're adding a playlist of free streams then I wouldn't be overly surprised to see issues like this.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Wow, that's some list!

Almost certainly your issue is that there are 8529 streams on there, it ran very slowly on my Windows PC so no wonder it crippled your Rasp Pi. I stripped down the list to just 3 channels & the streams loaded instantly, so I'd say this is your issue.

theakson

Jan 30, 2015
Wow, that's some list!

Almost certainly your issue is that there are 8529 streams on there, it ran very slowly on my Windows PC so no wonder it crippled your Rasp Pi. I stripped down the list to just 3 channels & the streams loaded instantly, so I'd say this is your issue.

you know sometimes I can be a real moron and am so pleased there are people like you to dig me out. 8529 channels! if I had a brain I would be dangerous. Sorry to have troubled you all with this silliness. The issue here is that he is only going to maintain this one list and I don't know of any other ones that will work.

thanks again all from an epsilon b semi moron

theakson

Jan 30, 2015
cut list to 45 put on sd card still problems

Wow, that's some list!

Hi all

I cut the list to 45 and put the file on local storage. Restarted the whole pi and the message

Pvr manager is starting up loading channels from clients has been sitting doing nothing ( status bar just sitting there) for 30 minutes now SO I assume it can't be the size of the file, nor can it be the read time of the file as it's on local storage AND I can get the weather from openweathermap fairly quickly. SO before I start looking for windmills has anyone seen this before ? I tried to search the forums but nothing came up. I also checked the cpu activity and it's about 42% but I haven't overclocked yet.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Try accessing it via Videos/Files, it should work very quickly. If it does, then there's an issue with how you've setup the PVR Client, are you pulling in some EPG data or something? If you are just watching the streams I would generally just go through Videos/Files.

theakson

Jan 30, 2015
Try accessing it via Videos/Files, it should work very quickly. If it does, then there's an issue with how you've setup the PVR Client, are you pulling in some EPG data or something? If you are just watching the streams I would generally just go through Videos/Files.
nope no epg data already checked that but thanks for the idea though always useful. I can't seem to find the help as to how to watch streams through video/files?