Recommend t.v. shows.

noz

Feb 1, 2014
Asgard
Thought I'd start a thread here about t.v. shows users would recommend to others.

I've recently finished True Detective. It was a show i read good things about but put of watching till now; usually i find that shows with big time actors etc don't usually live up to the hype. Wow, what a show! It starts of a little slow but the pace turns to being just right. If you like crime drama, good casts and good story then give True Detective ago. At only 8 episodes it won't take up too much of your time.

Anyone else have recommendations of shows that may be highly rated and justly so or shows that haven't had a great deal of publicity post away.

Flapster

Nov 13, 2013
The Black Country, UK
I put off watching Person of Interest for ages. I saw the first two episodes and was like "meh". However, a few months ago I thought i'd give it a few more episodes to see if it got going and by episode 5 I was hooked. After binge watching it for the last few months, i'm still hooked. Really good show I highly recommend.

dazzlerellis

Jun 8, 2012
Scarborough
I put off watching Person of Interest for ages. I saw the first two episodes and was like "meh". However, a few months ago I thought i'd give it a few more episodes to see if it got going and by episode 5 I was hooked. After binge watching it for the last few months, i'm still hooked. Really good show I highly recommend.
Thats good to know think ive watched only two and couldnt see what the fuss was about :)

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I love "the 100". Season 1 was better than 2 IMO but still a good show. The Blacklist, Banshee anc Continuum are also on my list....and Person of Interest is awesome

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
I'm not a great Marvel fan which is why its all the more surprising to me that my favourite new show is definitely Gotham.
Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3749900/
True Detective was a good first season but I've been put off of the second season by the cast, especially Kelly Reilly who wouldn't be able to act her way out of a wet paper bag!

If you're into scifi Ascension which is a three part mini series on next month looks like it might be ok
Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3696720/
And for anyone who's not seen it yet Peaky Blinders is a very good BBC period crime drama starring Cillian Murphy
Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2442560/?ref_=nv_sr_1

noz

Feb 1, 2014
Asgard
Peaky blinders is another of those I've avoided. May give it a try. Agree with Gotham, thought is was gonna be one of those ideas that looks good on paper but doesn't work on screen. But surprisingly it works.
Just read up on Ascension. Sounds like it might be worth a look see.

startreksuite

May 4, 2014
Once Upon a Time, person of interest, doctor who, arrow, the flash, haven, the listener are shows I'm watching. Thanks xbmc, TV addons!

regisma

Developer
Sep 21, 2014
Hi,

With the Genesis Addon you select TV Show, then you look for the option Most Popular

It will give you an idea of what most peoples are watching

Regis

noz

Feb 1, 2014
Asgard
Hi regisma, i know about most popular. I'm actually looking for hidden gems that possibly not many folk know about. If you look at my trakt lists you will see i have watched quite an extensive amount. Thanks all the same.

Flapster

Nov 13, 2013
The Black Country, UK
If you're looking for a hidden Gem "The Missing" is a UK (BBC) drama thats on now with James Nesbit. Its on Genesis etc, and really is excellent. Airs every Tuesday at the moment. Its only going to be around half a dozen episodes, but its compelling viewing.

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
There's also The The Fall
Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294189/
which has just entered its second season

Or a hidden gem from a couple of years ago is The Shadow Line
Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1701920/?ref_=nv_sr_2

avd

Jan 5, 2013
Try intruders I think it was on bbc America. Obviously all the popular like walking dead, American horror story, extant. Try love / hate if ya into that sort of thing Irish gangster stuff. I really liked first couple of seasons of misfits.

noz

Feb 1, 2014
Asgard
Try intruders I think it was on bbc America. Obviously all the popular like walking dead, American horror story, extant. Try love / hate if ya into that sort of thing Irish gangster stuff. I really liked first couple of seasons of misfits.
Liked love/hate. Intruders sounds like an interesting one, just read up in it. Another one to add to the list. Thanks.

noz

Feb 1, 2014
Asgard
Is American Horror story as good as it's raved about? Saw clips of earlier seasons and didn't look up to much but clips i have seen of newest season looked a lot better.