Recommend t.v. shows.

Flapster

Nov 13, 2013
The Black Country, UK
Forgot about Banshee. Really good. A great one that was unheard of that I liked was the little known New Zealand series called The Almighty Johnsons. It's finished now but good for a laugh.

And while we're on the subject of Norse Gods, Vikings is excellent.

DankNasty

May 16, 2012
Peep show is an old show British comedy series that I always try to get people into because I find it so hilarious. They are supposed to be releasing a new season next year.

s7eele

Sep 29, 2012
US of A (Deep Deep South)
@RavRob mentioned it early in the thread but I just started watching the first season of 'The Blacklist', it's a LOT better than I expected. Another that I've definitely got on my list to check out:

'The Leftovers' 😉

Thoughts or opinions? Any good?

Last edited:

noz

Feb 1, 2014
Asgard
Peep show is an old show British comedy series that I always try to get people into because I find it so hilarious. They are supposed to be releasing a new season next year.
Peep show is brilliant! Think it's one of those shows that's a bit like marmite though; you either love it or don't get it and hate it.

noz

Feb 1, 2014
Asgard
@RavRob mentioned it early in the thread but I just started watching the first season of 'The Blacklist', it's a LOT better than I expected. Another that I've definitely got on my list to check out:

'The Leftovers' 😉

Thoughts or opinions? Any good?
Blacklist is good. 1st season was really good. Felt 2nd season started good but took a bit of a dip then picked up again just before the xmas break. Looking forward to it restarting in the new year.
Also have "The Leftovers" added to trakt to watch, hopefully it will be one worth the wait.

noz

Feb 1, 2014
Asgard
Anyone that enjoyed "Under The Dome" season 1 - prepare to be disappointed in season 2 if you haven't watched yet. Recently completed season 2 with the missus, if not for her bizarrely enjoying it; i would have switched of after episofe 2. Devoid of plot and substance and left with a feeling of "why the hell am i watching this?".

leoparty50

Nov 6, 2013
The leftovers takes a bit of a slow start but stick with it. I really enjoyed it and I don't normally watch this type of TV 👍

dkplayaclub

Sep 14, 2012
Rochester, NY
As mentioned before, The Wire is possibly the best TV show ever made. If you have not seen it then you are worse than Hitler. lol

Recently, I got into watching Continuum. I'm not a huge sci-fi person, but I absolutely love it so far (almost through season 1). It's got some corn in there, but not as much as you might expect. I would recommend checking it out.

s7eele

Sep 29, 2012
US of A (Deep Deep South)
i hesitate to post this, may catch hell but its a tv show damnit lol

The Venture Bros.

yeah its a cartoon, still a great show (pretty highly rated), real reason it came to mind is that a new episode (a special) airs this coming monday on cn, im too old to be so excited about a new cartoon 😏