recording films from Genesis onto a pen drive

chrisallan1957

Sep 2, 2015
hi
I have an android box attached to my tv. can anyone explain how record films from genesis on to the pen drive attached to my android box...or do I have do do it on my laptop, then plug the pendrive into the android box to watch the films later ?
cheers newbie

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
hi
I have an android box attached to my tv. can anyone explain how record films from genesis on to the pen drive attached to my android box...or do I have do do it on my laptop, then plug the pendrive into the android box to watch the films later ?
cheers newbie
Not gonna happen. The download function was removed from Genesis on version 5.*

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
You cant do it from within genesis. You might be able to do it with another addon like SA*TS, Pho*nix, or Na*i-X though. You would have to set the download path to the location you would want in the addon settings or when you download like in navi.

HANNAH

Jun 26, 2013
The only way is to go back to the previous Genesis version which has the download facility. You will also need to go to confluence and change the settings to notify updates and do updates regularly for other apps but don't update Genesis

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
@HANNAH, The big problem with doing that is that you wont get the updates for the built-in urlresolvers that genesis has. The sources will stop working and the only way to get them to work again is to hack the code or upgrade genesis.

RayP

Sep 4, 2015
@HANNAH, The big problem with doing that is that you wont get the updates for the built-in urlresolvers that genesis has. The sources will stop working and the only way to get them to work again is to hack the code or upgrade genesis.
I have reinstalled V.4.8.5 and whilst it is true the sources will eventually dry up I have done it purely for downloading TV series which I then transfer to Dropbox for my son to watch in Germany as he has legal issues there having being threatened with action by solicitors for streaming video.

Genesis have said they will look at the possibility of re-intoducing the facility on V5 but don't hold your breath.

If there was another good add on for downloading TV series I would use it, as the sources in Genesis are ok downloading films but a single episode of a TV series is taking up to 7 hours for 0.24 GB file size. (Film takes about 20 - 30 minutes).

Ray

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Genesis have said they will look at the possibility of re-intoducing the facility on V5 but don't hold your breath.

Ray
If by genesis you mean lambda,then no this isnt true,where are you saying you have been told this?

It has been removed,genesis 5 has already recently been released and download was removed for a reason,not added

And people telling others to use older versions is really not good advice

Last edited:

rw86

Aug 19, 2013
If you want to download from Genesis so bad (remember, it gets it's streams from websites - you could easily just go to said websites and download the EXACT SAME stream) then open the stream you want in Genesis, let it start, then open your Kodi log, find the last played URL which will be your stream, and copy and paste it into a browser. It'll download.

Or do what I mentioned in the brackets and just go to the same websites that Genesis uses.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I have reinstalled V.4.8.5 and whilst it is true the sources will eventually dry up I have done it purely for downloading TV series which I then transfer to Dropbox for my son to watch in Germany as he has legal issues there having being threatened with action by solicitors for streaming video.

If there was another good add on for downloading TV series I would use it, as the sources in Genesis are ok downloading films but a single episode of a TV series is taking up to 7 hours for 0.24 GB file size. (Film takes about 20 - 30 minutes).

Ray
Try Ic*f*lms. Much faster even for HD sources.

RayP

Sep 4, 2015
If by genesis you mean lambda,then no this isnt true,where are you saying you have been told this?

It has been removed,genesis 5 has already recently been released and download was removed for a reason,not added

And people telling others to use older versions is really not good advice
I am not telling others to use it I am saying that I am using it!

I read it on Kodi Tips where it was said that it had been dropped because Lambda thought it was 'too buggy' and that ,at some point in the future, it could possibly be reintroduced if it could be done with fewer bugs. Did not say it would be, just might be!

Thank you for your helpful reply! Most useful !

Ray

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
I am not telling others to use it I am saying that I am using it!

I read it on Kodi Tips where it was said that it had been dropped because Lambda thought it was 'too buggy' and that ,at some point in the future, it could possibly be reintroduced if it could be done with fewer bugs. Did not say it would be, just might be!

Thank you for your helpful reply! Most useful !

Ray
You are welcome,and it was hannah that was telling people to use older versions (same advice goes to you aswell though)

Maybe stop reading kodi tips website and actually look at the forum where the developer is in future,maybe then you will learn the correct information ;)

RayP

Sep 4, 2015
Try Ic*f*lms. Much faster even for HD sources.
Thanks for the suggestion, I have now got Ic*f*lms (V1.10.0) to download, thanks to advice on this Forum, but unfortunately it did not have a source for the TV series I wanted. But it will be good as an alternative.
Thanks

RayP

Sep 4, 2015
You are welcome,and it was hannah that was telling people to use older versions (same advice goes to you aswell though)

Maybe stop reading kodi tips website and actually look at the forum where the developer is in future,maybe then you will learn the correct information ;)
Yet another helpful post!

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
You can download in SA*TS, Pho*nix, and Na*i-X. A few other ones too.
SA*TS even has many of the same sources and uses trakt like genesis.
Pho*nix has the same downloader that genesis had.

Last edited: