Recording with PVR and AFTV

repoyodepo

Jan 17, 2016
I have recent bought a Hauppauge PVR . connected the firetv and then connected to a tv, but im just getting black screens. Are fire tv's protected from recording ? any input would be great. TYIA

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
I have two hauppauges, they are meant for windows or apple computers not androids, see the instructions, recommended operating systems, unless I'm mistaken or if you have some new model that works on android, if that's the case then I apologize.

repoyodepo

Jan 17, 2016
sorry , i should of been more clear. Im looking to record the fire tv onto the pc. I have pc and mac, Im just looking to make some simple How To videos for family, that are not to tech savy . So I had it hooked like like this :
fire tv to the Input of PVR, tv to OutPut of PVR, and the usb to the pc.

but I just got black screen, sometime sound and sometimes some hdcp message
Thanks for your time

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Before you can record you should be Able to watch a picture through the system.
Your problem may be fire tv has hdmi output and the adapter for input to the Hauppauge was designed or rca jacks.
They make an audio video (rca) adapter designed for vcr play to the device as its in a usb port on a computer.

Maybe you should try and rout everything that way. Aso read your manual and or call the support line, they helped me out once and were very nice and professional about it.