[RELEASE] Music Box

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014

Music Box is a music addon, based on the concept of the iOS application with the same name (http://music-box.cc/) and LiquidBear for Android, that integrate the Last.fm API + vk.com

Features:
* Music Recomendations
* Digster integration with lists of songs by genre, mood, suitable for...
* Music charts of the most popular songs and albums, using billboard and itunes
* Search by tracks, albums, popular tracks, setlists (setlist.fm) and playlists (8tracks.com)
* Download feature
* Multi-language (at this time available in English and Portuguese). (Thanks to Mafarricos and Wanilton for help with translation)
* Fanart for artists (thanks to enen92)

Tips:
-You can search for playlists by tags, like in 8tracks.com site, using a search query like:
tags:summer,pool,party
-If you use Omgcatz as playlist resolve method, after load the playlist by the first time it will be cached for all addon users
-Fanart can be enabled in settings
-Each Digster Country has different lists

Repository:
Code:
https://techdealerrepo.svn.codeplex.com/svn/repository.techdealer-1.0.2.zip
The "stable" versions are released on repo and development is made on github.

Last edited:

crazywife

Jun 27, 2014
NICE - Thanks for this - is there anyway once I have found an album, to get it to automatically play the whole album or the next track in the list?

waspish

May 17, 2012
Pretty good this', is there anyway you can stream a whole album without downloading it? Bit like MP3 Stream plugin by kinkin

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
Last edited:

Jumper

Mar 20, 2014
Whoa. How did I miss this???? Asked for this addon over a year ago and nobody took the challenge. Thanks mate. I'll try it out and feedback.

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
Version 0.0.3 - (03/07/2014)
* Added support to change the music according to the files listed in the directory...
* Added Official Charts UK to charts
* Improved List_album_tracks function: now if last.fm send no results, the addon use 7digital as second source
* Added search for similar tracks in context menu

Hinnak321

Dec 16, 2012
Great work man,thx for sharing your great addon with us. Im using vk and last.fm a lot. Will there be an option to include my personal data in near future? I mean recommendations of vk's 'my music' section or even better recomm. music oft my scrobbled files of last.fm? This would be great. I thought i could get personal recomm. with switching the token to my own one. Maybe i have a too simple view on it, mate ;)

Last edited:

tricky2lu

May 7, 2012
very strange rebooted xbmc and it works again

cant find a play option on albums i am sure it was there when it first came out

download works but you have to do it track by track

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
Im using vk and last.fm a lot. Will there be an option to include my personal data in near future? I mean recommendations of vk's 'my music' section or even better recomm. music oft my scrobbled files of last.fm? This would be great.
That seems like a good idea, to look in future. Thank you.

cant find a play option on albums i am sure it was there when it first came out
All that you have to do is open the album and play the 1st song. The addon will consider all the songs listed as a playlist, without the need of pre-create a playlist.

Last edited:

jayce996

Jun 26, 2014
Hello there,
it says add-on does not have the correct struture when i try to install it. do i make a mistake somewhere?

carlsagan

Jul 12, 2014
just stumbled over this beautiful plugin. thanks a lot man it works great.

if I may I have questions though.

Is it possible to download a whole album instead of single songs?
Is there any way to add a track to the queue. as I see it now you can only play a track immediately which stops any playing list and deletes them, right?

EDIT: I just tried the download function, but it seems to ignore the path I specified in the setting and downloads to script.module.simple.downloader folder in addon_data instead.

Last edited:

Hinnak321

Dec 16, 2012
Go to settings / addons / get addons, down to techdealer repo and 'force refresh' by right-click.