[RELEASE] Music Box

mindgame

Apr 13, 2013
I am trying to install music box on a new android phone and it keeps on saying incompatible addon? I have tried a few different versions of kodi including TVMC which you would think would have all required dependencies installed. In techdealers repo it says incompatible. Any ideas?

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
I used repository techdealer not too sure if it's ok to chat about this particular repo but that's the one you need then sign up to vk otherwise you'll find it's hit and miss where you get a catcha screen.

bonki77

Nov 29, 2014
Anyone else having Script failed when trying to access 8tracks? I've entered my login details, still doesn't work.

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
Anyone having trouble just delete the addon the repo and the plugin in profile directory then get the plugin.audio.musicbox-master from GitHub zip and you're good to go put your credentials in from VK and happy days;)

zmokkie

Sep 29, 2015
Thanks for this great addon! I have one question. I am not able to change the country for Digster. It says United Kingdom and I want to change it to Netherlands. Is that possible?

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
Thanks for this great addon! I have one question. I am not able to change the country for Digster. It says United Kingdom and I want to change it to Netherlands. Is that possible?
Yes, in Settings > General > Digster Country.

zmokkie

Sep 29, 2015
Thanks! And is it possible to make a playlist in music box? I only have a vk.com account. Can I listen to more music in music box if I create a last.fm account and a 8tracks account?

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
An account in last.fm or 8tracks will not affect the number of songs available in the addon. It will only allow you access content from your account such as playlists.
You can create playlists at 8tracks or last.fm and hear them in the music box.

Mave

Oct 23, 2015
Need some help please. When I try and open Music Box I get a blank box with an OK button. When I click that then I get another box saying 'this add on can't be configured'. It is version 0.1.2. I have created myself a vk account but presumably I don't put that in until later.

wason9.2

Oct 17, 2015
Need some help please. When I try and open Music Box I get a blank box with an OK button. When I click that then I get another box saying 'this add on can't be configured'. It is version 0.1.2. I have created myself a vk account but presumably I don't put that in until later.
Delete the addon folder.
Your_kodi_config/addons/plugin.music.musicbox

Userdata - Kodi

Then reinstall music box.

Mave

Oct 23, 2015
Thanks for this. Can I just check first I am in the right place - I am on an android box.
File manager
Profile directory
addon_data
Plugin.audio.musicbox. And then delete this file.

wason9.2

Oct 17, 2015
Thanks for this. Can I just check first I am in the right place - I am on an android box.
File manager
Profile directory
addon_data
Plugin.audio.musicbox. And then delete this file.
No you're looking a few directories up for
kodi/addons/plugin.audio.musicbox

Addon_data/
Is your settings, so if there's something wrong with the plugin itself deleting that wouldn't fix anything
Addons
Is where the actual files that make an addon work are stored

You could also just go to the kodi addon manager and uninstall - reinstall music box.

I do it manually because it fixes other problems that sometimes occur

I didn't realize that wiki page was just about userdata
Your kodi config folder is where everything other than default config is stored

Code:
Android 
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/

iOS
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi

Linux
~/.kodi/

Mac 
/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/

OpenELEC 
/storage/.kodi/

Windows 
Start - type*%APPDATA%\kodi\
It has other directory's in it
/kodi/addons/
Where addon scripts are stored
Ie,
/kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/
Stores the YouTube plugin

/kodi/temp/
Is a folder for kodi and addons to dump temporary files in, like data info scrapers download, website cookies etc

/kodi/userdata
Is all your settings, including library's and thumbnail cache
/kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube
Stores settings for YouTube, like your search history and username
/kodi/userdata/Database/
Stores your libraries.
They are sql databases that store
Tv title - info about it - file path etc
They are numbered per kodi version
/kodi/userdata/Databases/MyVideos93.db
Would be your video library on isengard

/kodi/userdata/Thumnails
Is where any fanart, posters etc are stored to make loading images fast

Last edited:

Mave

Oct 23, 2015
I am in! Thank you. And thank you for this edit.

I am slowly getting my head around it all. I found the correct file (I think) but couldn't delete it despite enabling file deletion and changing the skin so I deleted the music box folder instead and then reinstalled from the repo. I then had the option to configure and add my vk login.

LauraAmerica

Oct 26, 2015
I heard of Music Box today and tried it out right away. Sadly, I got this same result:
Following your advice, I already delteded it (from Kodi and manually) but still the same weird blank screens. I can't open nor config the addon so no VK account to input yet. Is the service down or is this something I can fix? Thank you, guys.

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
Yeah you're on the right version my friend don't click on the addon press your menu button so the context menu comes up and go to configure put your username or what ever you are using followed by your password on the next line down then press ok at the bottom.Come out of that then click back on music box on it may take a little time but you'll get a successfully logged on hope that helps you it's not down as i've just been on it