[RELEASE] Music Box

peterpiper

Nov 24, 2015
Can't be configureD

>......so I deleted the music box folder instead and then reinstalled from the repo. I then had the option to configure and add my vk login.
Still no luck here. On Fire TV box.

Musicbox had been OK but got stuck "configuring download" or words similar.
I've tried doing disable; uninstall; delete folders addons\plugin.a.m. & userdata\addon_data\plugin.a.m. then kodi exit - restart.
After reinstall select gets blank "OK" box then "this add on can't be configured".
Under my_addons shows musicbox enabled. Context menu gives message "add on information".
Select shows version etc. with options: Launch; Uninstall; Didable; Changelog. I think there used to be a Configure option here.

I'd been quickly starting downloads a few times when the download message became stuck. I was trying, without success, to get download to save on a network drive (smb) no error message but no file. Local save works.
NAS save still to fix.

peterpiper

Nov 24, 2015
...... I'd been quickly starting downloads a few times when the download message became stuck. I was trying, without success, to get download to save on a network drive (smb) no error message but no file. Local save works.
NAS save still to fix.
After reinstall (from zip) I'm still not able to download anything.
I've now found that with Confluence skin I briefly see " Music Box Error see log...." next to "Preparing download" message which sticks.
Was on ArticZephyr skin when the error message wasn't shown.

Download always fails, the only way to clear the "Preparing download" message seems to be to exit Kodi.

The Kodi log shows:

00:11:52 T:1697160744 DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.simple.downloader/resources/language/English, fallback to strings.xml
00:11:52 T:1697160744 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xd8' in position 141: ordinal not in range(128)

I checked that folder - there's no strings.po only strings.xml

Full debug kodi.log: XBMC Debug Log Site

This seems strange - my initial install, from the same zip file, had downloaded about 6 tracks before the problem started. Most tracks vanished though, as save to NAS always failed.
The only thing I'd been changing was the destination folder.

moryart

Feb 1, 2014
Alicante, Spain
Hi there. Just want to say that its look like some kind of security that must have some sites, cose it happned too me the same. After a few downloads the plugin stoped too work. It looks like the sites says "hey you`re download to much"...I`ve tried all kinds of cleanning and reeinstall and theres no way to work. I live in spain, could it be some kind of geobloquing?
I wish that some day this problem was fixed. It would be a great addon, the best for music. Good Luck...Hope you find the problem.

peterpiper

Nov 24, 2015
Music Box Error stuck "Preparing download".
I'm not the only one with this problem.

Initially downloaded worked, but after downloading about 6 tracks the problem started.

With Confluence skin I briefly see the error message " Music Box Error see log...." next to "Preparing download" message which sticks.
nb. on ArticZephyr skin the error message wasn't shown.

Download always fails, the only way to clear the "Preparing download" message seems to be to exit Kodi.

None of these worked: MB disable - enable; uninstall - re-install; delete folders addons\plugin.a.m. & userdata\addon_data\plugin.a.m. then kodi exit - restart; re-install/update Kodi (with same version 15.2).

At last I have cleared fault and Music Box is downloading again!

Under Android Settings - Apps Kodi - did Clear Data and Clear Cache

**** Clear Data will erase many Kodi addons & account settings *****

I had a fairly new install so only a few things needed replacing.

I'd run Kodi - "backup" but Clear Data also erased the backup files!! Now I copy the backup to a different (network) drive, but this takes a long time as the backup seems to contain a large number of files.

If problem returns I'll try using just Clear Cache to see if that alone works.
Failing that, then Clear Data and Restore from backup (that had been copied to a safe location).

If Clear Data is required then that would be a real pain on a 'mature' installation. So it would be good to get the fault properly rectified, or find a better way of clearing it.

generalbossman

Jan 8, 2016
Can someone help me with this? i installed the app but whenever i launch it i got a "music box error - check log for information" message.

everfee

Jan 4, 2016
I think that the problem could be when downloading and it freezes on preparing download. The Cache is stored in the common cache plugin that is installed at the same time as Music Box. The reason yours (peterpiper) has now worked is because you uninstalled everything on Kodi (including the cache plugin) and reinstalled it.

I was wondering if anyone would know how to clear down the cache in the plugin, this should stop the problem of problem of the download stopping. This also could stop the problem in other addons from reading the forum... any ideas?

Dan0r

Jan 19, 2016
I've tried my best but I just can't seem to get this addon working. Keeps saying "Vk.com returned the following error : captcha needed..."

Any help on fixing this would be highly appreciated.

(I do have a VK account and entered those details)

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
check your details you used to sign up with vk the re-enter your detail click ok at the bottom close then open again if all went well you'll get a successfully logged in

Dan0r

Jan 19, 2016
check your details you used to sign up with vk the re-enter your detail click ok at the bottom close then open again if all went well you'll get a successfully logged in
Tried, unfortunately not working.
I ain't a newbie kodi wise. No luck on openelec or Windows platform. Re-entered the info, still the same error.

Any more suggestions?

MiniMo

Jan 22, 2016
I have installed Music Box, and *touch wood* it's working just fine for me on both the TV and PC. However, I do have one issue that I need help on. I downloaded an album, and between the download and the download file the album changed into alphabetical order. Not a problem for most, but this is one of the Moody Blues concept albums, and it just isn't right. I now want to remove it from My Music in Kodi, so I can try to download it again track by track but I don't see a way to do it? Anyone know? Also, is this a Kodi issue or my PC file at fault? Thanks!

Tlchris

Sep 27, 2012
Thank you for this addon, i am happy that i can use my 8tracks , but when i select a playlist i get ... wait while we load the playlist... Then an error has occured. And it play only 3-4 songs of the playlist

Is there a fix for that? Thank you

Killall

Aug 28, 2015
I've tried my best but I just can't seem to get this addon working. Keeps saying "Vk.com returned the following error : captcha needed..."

Any help on fixing this would be highly appreciated.

(I do have a VK account and entered those details)
Having same problem for over a week now, does this need a vpn for the UK or something?

jjbrown84

Mar 11, 2016
Having same problem for over a week now, does this need a vpn for the UK or something?
For anyone still having problems see below.
(if you only have the VK issue scroll right to the bottom of this long winded post)
I've got round both issues by doing this (I'll include all steps for anyone who isn't familiar with kodi file structure) :

**Ensure you have the Music Box Source installed also ensure you have "Allow file renaming and deletion" and "show hidden files and directories" selected. These are found under
SETTINGS>APPEARANCE>FILE LISTS

First the "cannot be configured error" can be solved by the following:
1. Go to SETTINGS>FILE MANAGER (location is skin dependent eg. In Amber it is in SETTINGS >KODI>then all the way across to FILE MANAGER

2. Create an access point to Root. (this may already be done)
Click ADD SOURCE on the left side of the screen, then click <none> and simply enter a "/" then click Done.
Type "Root" in the bottom box and click OK

3.**BE CAREFUL! THIS IS THE ROOT OF YOUR DEVICE NOT KODI, IF YOU SOMEHOW DELETE THE WRONG FILE IT WON'T JUST BE KODI YOU BREAK**
Now click on Root and navigate to kodi's Root
On a raspberry pi using openelec it is
Storage>.Kodi>
On Android I am not 100% but on my phone it is: sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi
3a.(This next part may not be necessary and it will remove any stored data in the addon)
Now go to USERDATA > ADDON_DATA find plugin.audio.musicbox and use the context menu to delete.
3b.This next bit IS necessary
Navigate back two windows and enter ADDONS. Find plugin.audio.musicbox and Delete and do not leave this screen.
3c. Press right to jump to the other window and navigate to the music box source (if you haven't already, create it by ADD SOURCE and entering https://techdealer-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ in the box just like when you made the Root shortcut)
Now highlight the PLUGIN.AUDIO.MUSICBOX bring up the context menu and hit Copy.

The Addon should now work. If you get the VK.com error, read on:

First of all ENSURE YOU HAVE REGISTERED AT VK.COM! AND THEN ENTER THE DETAILS IN MUSIC BOX

Now in music box I would still get a bad username/password because it had problems using my email address, so simply enter you phone number as the username in Addon settings
Eg. +447757******
That's it you should be done

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
Like the post above make sure you're registered with Vk.com just input your details it's really straight forward and if ues your phone number make sure that you put +44 i used my e-mail address once you've put your details in make sure you also click ok at the bottom then come out of the addon then click back on it. It mat take a couple of minutes then you'll get a successfully logged in message then you're good to go

phillyjeff

Mar 30, 2016
Streaming works fine, but one minute the downloads work, the next I get an error messages. Very frustrating to say the least

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
Version 0.1.3 - (31/03/2016)
* vkAuth: 2 factor authentication
* Update xbmc.python version
* Improvements in local music id3 handling
* Fix Digster

And here is a zip version for those with difficults in download from repo: plugin.audio.musicbox-0.1.3.zip

Last edited:

TopWebWorks

Apr 3, 2016
Updated to 0.1.3 but still no joy on the downloads.
No change here also. Reinstalled. Cleared cache and commoncache. Rebooted. All multiple times. Same old error messages.

Edit: Seems to work great on the PC running Jarvis.
The errors show for me on the Nvidia Shield TV.

Last edited: