[RELEASE] Music Box

markbowen

Apr 4, 2016
Re : Downloads...

Hi,

First of all sorry if this has been mentioned before and even perhaps a fix has been found for it but I couldn't see anything that worked in this thread unfortunately.

I'm having problems with downloads. It used to work absolutely fine but then all of a sudden they stopped working and now when choosing to download I get no notification on screen that a file is downloading and even if I leave the add-on open for ages just to see if it will indeed download anything if I then check in the downloads folder that I've set there is the folder in there with the name of the artist or whatever and then inside the folder there is a file of around 204 bytes for the song. This happens every time so was wondering if anyone knows what is causing this and how I can fix it possibly?

Many thanks in advance for any help with this.

Best wishes,

Mark

konrad

Nov 7, 2015
I really like the idea of this addon ....but the requirement of VK.com for you to supply your phone number in order to register with them concerns me. Am I just being paranoid or should I have reservations? Has anyone here had any problems with this after signing up with VK? Thanks for any info.

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
I really like the idea of this addon ....but the requirement of VK.com for you to supply your phone number in order to register with them concerns me. Am I just being paranoid or should I have reservations? Has anyone here had any problems with this after signing up with VK? Thanks for any info.
Have you tried a fake number? 8675-309 😂

Idok Fire

konrad

Nov 7, 2015
Thanks for the input, Idokfire....but I was actually hoping for some responses from someone that actually uses this addon ....what their experiences were and if they had any problems relating to their phones after supplying their numbers to VK. I think VK texts or calls you to give you a confirmation code that you have to enter in order to register with them and it is associated with your particular phone number. There are numerous posts in this thread concerning this addon, so hopefully someone else can respond. Thanks!

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
They sent me a text, job done. I get spam calls from PPI & various other nonsense but I can't say if it came from them or not, but it's doubtful as they are based overseas. Isn't VK just the Russian equivalent of Facebook anyway? I doubt there would be any problems to be honest.

sonofdibnah

Jul 29, 2014
Konrad,

I registered over a year ago. No problems whatsoever and no spam calls. I'm of a rare breed that hardly uses my mobile for calls and texts, so if vk.com had been responsible for spam calls I would have known where they came from.

konrad

Nov 7, 2015
Sonofdibnah, thanks for the response. I was hoping that was the case. I really appreciate the info.

phillyjeff

Mar 30, 2016
Downloads are broken again. Deleting the commoncache.db fixes the issue, but after five downloads it stops working again. POS

dabourb

Dec 13, 2014
Downloads are broken again. Deleting the commoncache.db fixes the issue, but after five downloads it stops working again. POS
Dude, don't get angry, how about you help and fix the issue instead of saying POS, Dev do this for free, be grateful!!

beljim7419

May 12, 2013
Surprised no ones mentioned the addons down. A change of the public api no longer being shared by VK.
Shame as this was the best and only addon that I know actually works well for downloading MP3's.

kiffmoore

Jan 2, 2013
Surprised no ones mentioned the addons down. A change of the public api no longer being shared by VK.<br />
Shame as this was the best and only addon that I know actually works well for downloading MP3's.

Indeed, I see techdealer commented on this in his comments on github. Won't help with downloading mp3s but can change the source to YouTube in the settings so it will at least continue to work in some form. Still the best music add-on in my opinion

Sent from my BLU LIFE MARK using Tapatalk

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
A new working version is already available in github. Feel free to try. :cool:

Ps: From now on if you choose Youtube as "Media Source" you will no longer need to have an account on vk.com.

ncube2

May 29, 2012
Is this repo available on tvaddons fusion installer ? Cant seem to find it under Music, if not can it be added cause i am having a hard time transferring zip files to my apple tv.
Would love to have this addon on it. Thanks !

Short

Jan 3, 2016
The new version works perfect 👌🏾 but is there a repo for future updates or do we just need to keep checking the forum

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
@iCanuck Yes VK it's working.

Here is my new repo:
Code:
http://www102.zippyshare.com/v/D5siY2cg/file.html