[RELEASE] Music Box

leoparty50

Nov 6, 2013
Hello,

I am having a problem with getting this to work. I type the following location for the repository and i go to install from zip and it is empty.

https://techdealer-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repository.techdealer-1.0.1.zip

I tried a few times double checking spelling and still no change. I am using a Raspberry Pi with latest Gotham.

Thank you
I downloaded zip from github link in Op. I was having similar problems with adding repo. Worked for me and wow was certainly worth it. Great music addon [emoji106]

splatee

Aug 28, 2013
I tried the one in GitHub and got message saying "dependicies not met". I will try again.

Thank you

Hinnak321

Dec 16, 2012
Mate i see no problem there. Tried myself to recognize your struggle, but everything works flawless. Where did you type the repos address in?! I don't understand this part. It should be downloaded with your normal computer. let it zipped just like you downloaded, move it to a path that you can access to from xbmc. Now, my first post again

splatee

Aug 28, 2013
It is working now. I downloaded the repository again and it installed. Not sure why it did not the first time.

Thank you

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
Version 0.0.4 - (19/07/2014)
* Added favorites function
* Added "Beatport Top 100" and "Beatport Top 100 Classic" to charts
* Fixed a bug in iTunes charts
* Added Atflick Soundtrack integration and 8tracks Main Menu icon/entry
* Added videoclip support (thanks to enen92)

Note: Atflick movie soundtrack can be disabled in settings if you dont use/like...

mindgame

Apr 13, 2013
What is the best way to search for albums? Awesome addon, I have been using it more and more using artist search then most popular songs.

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
What is the best way to search for albums?
I took a look in the search for albums and made an improvement.
I changed the last.fm search albums method from artist.getTopAlbums to album.search. As a result will be possible (in the next update) search for albums using the artist name or album name.
In the current version (0.0.4) the best way is to use the artist's name.

kiffmoore

Jan 2, 2013
thanks techdealer, musicbox along with mp3 streams are the best 2 music xbmc addons in my opinion, really appreciate your efforts. was going to post a question about the searching by tag in '8 tracks' which is what i did a lot with the unmaintained xbmc.org 8 tracks add-on when i just chose a few tag words and got a playlist depending on my mood. Then i bothered to read the updated 1st post after the addition of 8 tracks part of this add-on and want to say thanks for incorporating the tag: into the search function, very clever and works well!

jockywilson

Jan 8, 2014
Excellent addon.....managed to obtain some very obscure tracks which I've been after for years. The dl function is really fast too.

Thanks for this techdealer.

spot01

Mar 26, 2013
great add on, do you only get certain visualisations depending on which platform you're on? I'd like to have Vortex on Pi with OpenElec but it's not an option:(

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
Version 0.0.5 - (01/08/2014)
* Added atraci like behavior (thanks to enen92)
* Improved search by albums
* Added "User space": now is possible to log in on vk.com, last.fm and 8tracks and use user info
* Added Vk.com Popular Music to charts

enen92

Dec 13, 2012
Portugal
For the ones which don't know atraci, it's a spotify like application (http://getatraci.net/) that uses youtube as media source. By changing the content provider in the addon settings from vk.com to youtube you'll get this kind of behaviour integrated in this addon.
So the addon will behave like last.fm api integrated with youtube as the content provider. Your own mtv or vh1 :)

Hinnak321

Dec 16, 2012
Another week, another highlight at Music Box. I hope you can keep up this pace :) thx a lot, I can't wait trying!

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
For the ones which don't know atraci, it's a spotify like application (http://getatraci.net/) that uses youtube as media source. By changing the content provider in the addon settings from vk.com to youtube you'll get this kind of behaviour integrated in this addon.
So the addon will behave like last.fm api integrated with youtube as the content provider. Your own mtv or vh1 :)
Holy crud... I need to look into this.

Hinnak321

Dec 16, 2012
I logged in with vk and lastfm. I'm so happy that you add that features to your addon. But every time I use backspace now to navigate to previous menu the message "Last.fm - Logged in successfully" is shown when I'm at 'User Space' section.

I tried a bit and commented out line 1257. It fixed the never-ending login messg.

Last edited:

nickshe89

Aug 7, 2012
Hello mate thanks for update but search music video not working anymore so I let you no but great addon :)

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
great add on, do you only get certain visualisations depending on which platform you're on? I'd like to have Vortex on Pi with OpenElec but it's not an option:(
Yes, visualisations depend of the platform in use and are independent of the add-on.

Hello mate thanks for update but search music video not working anymore so I let you no but great addon :)
Is already fixed in github, thanks for reporting.

I logged in with vk and lastfm. I'm so happy that you add that features to your addon. But every time I use backspace now to navigate to previous menu the message "Last.fm - Logged in successfully" is shown when I'm at 'User Space' section.
The last.fm/8tracks login messages should appear every time you open the "User space" menu. You think you found a bug or want an option (in settings) to hide these notifications? I did some tests with my last.fm account, opened my favorite sounds and other sections and then I went back with 'backspace' and found no problem.

Last edited:

Hinnak321

Dec 16, 2012
Ok, on my system the message appears when entering the user space too, but also every time I use 'back' in the user space. (entering 'my music' in vk, leave it - message appears). I thought it could be a bug

umfufu1

Jun 7, 2012
I just wan't to say thanks for this amazing addon, I've been looking for something like this for a long time, and it works perfectly on boths pc and ipad will try it on the Ouya asap.
With Music Box plus Genesis and FTV guide my Xbmc is complete.

Thank you Techdealer