nickshe89

Aug 7, 2012
Version 0.0.6 - (14/08/2014)
* Fixed "Search Music Video" context menu option
* Added Last.fm User Playlists to the 'User Space'
* Added 'Song Info' option to the context menu

[HR][/HR]

Tip:
With the addition of the Last.fm User Playlists Support and using a 3rd party site called Soundiiz, you can now convert your playlists from music services like Deezer, Spotify, Grooveshark, YouTube, Qobuz, Soundcloud and Radio to Last.fm and use them in Music Box.

The success rate varies according to the songs and services. The page to convert playlists is:http://soundiiz.com/#/converter

Pro Tip:
You can convert playlists that are not in your account using the Soundiiz API. Detailed information on the following page: http://soundiiz.com/#/api/v1/about

Pratical exemple:
to import the playlist:
Code:
http://www.deezer.com/playlist/[COLOR="#008000"]527730075[/COLOR]
you just need to open on the browser:
Code:
http://soundiiz.com/api/v1/widget/import/form/[COLOR="#FF0000"]deezer[/COLOR]/[COLOR="#008000"]527730075[/COLOR]
Ps: @iCanuck firefox plugin obtain the quality with the formula that I posted. I added a context menu entry called 'Song info' that shows the duration, size and estimated bitrate. Is disabled by default but can be enabled in the settings.
Thanks for update mate

sonofdibnah

Jul 29, 2014
I'm getting a script failed error when I try to download on my android box. I have xbmc on windows and downloads are working, so its something on the android box that's doing it. I think it started when a download "stuck" at 99.75%. After the script fails, "preparing download" appears on screen and stays until XBMC is restarted. Log is here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=268947. Other downloads ex genesis etc work.

Any ideas what has caused this and how do I cure it?

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
-One tiny thing .. the lastfm showed login info as, email, then password. Using my email login didnt work, however using my username login did. So maybe need to change the wording.
I just checked and it is possible login with email or username (at least with my account I can). May need to change the text to "Email/username".
Are you sure you can not log in with the email?

I'm getting a script failed error when I try to download on my android box. I have xbmc on windows and downloads are working, so its something on the android box that's doing it. I think it started when a download "stuck" at 99.75%. After the script fails, "preparing download" appears on screen and stays until XBMC is restarted. Log is here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=268947. Other downloads ex genesis etc work.

Any ideas what has caused this and how do I cure it?
Try deleting the file commoncache.db.

Last edited:

layziefj

May 12, 2012
I just checked and it is possible login with email or username (at least with my account I can). May need to change the text to "Email/username".
Are you sure you can not log in with the email?
Yea, probably my account settings.. but yea still can't login with my email. No biggie.

How hard would my suggestion be, of adding music to library as strm files?

mindgame

Apr 13, 2013
Yea, probably my account settings.. but yea still can't login with my email. No biggie.

How hard would my suggestion be, of adding music to library as strm files?
XBMC doesn't recognize the .strm files as music so they don't get scanned to your library properly. You can play around with it in what the furk if you are curious to see how it works.

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
Version 0.0.7 - (30/08/2014)
* 'My Music': Added support for listing of subfolders and more audio file formats
* 'My Music': Read the ID3 tags from audio files
* 'User space': highlights the playing music, in the 'Last.fm - recent listened tracks'
* Added function to download albums (note that if a track is not found it will be skipped)
* Added ability to export albums, setlists and soundtracks as m3u
* Small update in Official UK Charts to improve the search of album tracks for albums by 'Various Artists'
[HR][/HR]
As it is not possible to add music .strm files to the library and as they also do not work as 'smart playlists' in the files, I implemented the option to save albums, setlists and soundtracks as m3u. Is not the ideal solution, it is true, but within the possibilities that exist I think is the best solution. The exported items can be accessed at Music > Files > [Folder Name], may contain miniature and the songs work as 'smart playlists'. See the image below:

Also added the function to download complete albums (perhaps the most requested) and were made other changes documented in changelog.

mark142

Sep 14, 2013
excellent add on. One of the Best music ones there is. Is your repo found on fusion? If not then it should.

Last edited:

mark142

Sep 14, 2013
Found an issue but not sure if it's me or the add on. I can export an album successfully from the official chart section but get script error when using any other section. Any ideas? Thanks

sonofdibnah

Jul 29, 2014
I can download albums using xbmc for windows but can't get it to work on my android media box. I've tried downloading from charts and searches but get a script error from both. It looks as if the addon tries to download the first track before the failure. The directory for the album is created in the download destination but is, of course, empty. I can download tracks, so I reason it can't be the commoncache.db that caused me problems before.

Will post a debug log when I have more time unless this info leads to a fix before. Thanks in advance to techdealer.

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
I also found the problem, in my case with an ios device. In windows works well.
I've identified the problematic lines and I will correct the problem as soon as possible.
Thanks for the bug report.

techdealer

Jan 15, 2014
Version 0.0.8 - (02/09/2014)
* Fixed bug in export/download of abums in some platforms like iOS
* Added context menu entries to search for similar tracks and video in tracks with ID3 tags in "My music"
* Added "Audio fingerprint": Now you can identify unknown audio files on your system

The audio fingerprint supports fragments (is recommended to have at least 15 seconds) and complete audio files. The service is provided by audiotag (dot) info, a russian music recognition site which has a catalog of over one million songs.

jockywilson

Jan 8, 2014
I can't get it to download albums on windows. It states it's downloading and creates a folder in the download destination but just sits there without any visible progress. Also unable to cancel the download so have to end xbmc using task manager. Downloads individual tracks fine.

Can you advise techdealer? Debug log available if necessary.

sonofdibnah

Jul 29, 2014
Seems like I'm posting all the time. Re jockywilson's post above, I've seen exactly this on a set up I did for my ex today. I thought it was me that had messed up. My own windows laptop continues to be perfect. Android is now perfect too. Does it just fail for new installs of version 0.0.8? The only other difference if it helps you, techdealer, is that I'm running with a vk.com registration but my ex has just Music Box "out of the box".

sonofdibnah

Jul 29, 2014
Thanks jockywilson. I'll give it a go when I get home next weekend. Do you think techdealer hasn't found his way to this forum yet?

synthesus

Aug 31, 2014
where i cab find this musicbox addon
i try to look every where.
and its not on the xbmc installer under audio addons.
please advise

synthesus

Aug 31, 2014
I'll try it later, it seems the all addon installer is down, there's nothing under the repositories section